View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 06:37 PM   #11383
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Spiderman: Far From Home: 2.5 / 4

Nothing here really to hate but it just felt unnecessary. First half was rather dull. I like movies to slow down and do some character building without a punch of "pew-pew" action but the Peter/MJ thing for the millionth time doesn't do it for me especially with Zendaya as MJ. I think I saw a half smile once but other than that her face never changed. It's like they know her limitations but the studio told them they had to shoehorn her in so they gave her the essensce of an emotionless goth so they could have a built in excuse for why she sucks. Everytime she was on screen I was taken out of the movie because all I could think was "this is a shit character played by a shit actor".

Second half picked up a bit after we finally got the turn we knew would happen but overall this will go in the lower half of the Marvel movies for me. Somewhere around Age of Ultron level where this movie is just a tacked on bridge to something else....where ever they choose to go with things now.
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote