Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #7
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by screech View Post
Ravens looking for OL, S, and a "playmaker WR" last I read. Which is good because that's exactly what they need to focus on improving in that order.

Shame I don't know anything about college players to be able to weigh in on who could be available to draft.
The Ravens own site today mentions that Seattle will probably have to cut Sidney Rice and his almost $10 million owed as a potential target.

As far as WR in the draft, there's about 5 WR that could go first round, big names to know are Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin. I can all but guarantee Watkins will be gone by the Ravens pick and Benjamin will probably be too which is a huge shame since he projects out to be in the calibre of Calvin Johnson in a few years. Just about every reputable mock I've seen has the Ravens going with Evans. Both Evans and Benjamin are 6-5 big targets which is something the Ravens need, the only other big WR with first to third round potential is Brandon Coleman who is 6-6 but coming off surgery.

Some people think if the Ravens go safety first round they'll go Ha Ha Clinton Dix from Alabama but honestly just his name makes me want them to skip him. Plus I don't think Safety is as important as a big WR that they won't be able to get later.

Supposedly this is one of the weaker drafts for o-line, but I imagine Ozzie can mine some gems in the late rounds for depth . The O line just needs two upgrades..Center and Right Tackle (adios Michael Other) but really they're getting Osemele back and he can play Right Tackle meaning they only need a center, and I can see them getting another Center a la Matt Birk to be the starter instead of drafting.

Last edited by Droford; 02-05-2014 at 10:58 AM.