View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #30831
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Probably more damning about the product as a whole:

Quote:
“‘Bad News’ Barrett was a really fun time,” explained Bennett. “The reactions from the crowd I was getting were really about my speaking and my portrayal of a character rather than my in-ring work. You can even go back to the Nexus era, when I was cutting promos every single night. People were really hanging on my every word, and I was really dictating a lot of the shows that we were doing. I’ve always had that confidence in my performance ability and my ability to speak in character. One of the most exciting parts of the Nexus and ‘Bad News’ Barrett eras were I had a lot of influence in the character and I had a lot of influence in how I was going to portray myself. When I became King Barrett, the influence I had in the character was taken away. I was told, ‘This is your outfit, and here is your promo that you have to say word-for-word.’ Any time I tried to tweak the storyline because I thought it wasn’t working, or because it wasn’t me, I was denied. The lack of control over my career reduced my passion more than anything.
“The best thing about being a pro wrestler was having that fan base behind you,” said Bennett. “The fans never, ever stopped inspiring me. What stopped inspiring me was the fact that the material that I was performing on screen wasn’t something that I found interesting. If I don’t enjoy it and I don’t have a passion for it, then I can’t see how anyone else watching it could enjoy it. If you look back at my career in 2015 and 2016, most people would struggle to pinpoint anything that they thought was good. There simply weren’t those moments, and I’m aware of that as much as anybody. I’m aware when it’s not entertaining because I’m the guy right in the middle of it. That wasn’t the only issue—it wasn’t purely a creative thing, there were other issues going on behind the scenes between me and WWE, but that was the most obvious one.”

Good Wade Barrett was when he was given some freedom. Shocking. This word for word promo approach for the entire locker room needs to die.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote