View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 11:52 AM   #30837
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney View Post
Probably more damning about the product as a whole:

“The best thing about being a pro wrestler was having that fan base behind you,” said Bennett. “The fans never, ever stopped inspiring me. What stopped inspiring me was the fact that the material that I was performing on screen wasn’t something that I found interesting. If I don’t enjoy it and I don’t have a passion for it, then I can’t see how anyone else watching it could enjoy it. If you look back at my career in 2015 and 2016, most people would struggle to pinpoint anything that they thought was good. There simply weren’t those moments, and I’m aware of that as much as anybody. I’m aware when it’s not entertaining because I’m the guy right in the middle of it. That wasn’t the only issue—it wasn’t purely a creative thing, there were other issues going on behind the scenes between me and WWE, but that was the most obvious one.”

Good Wade Barrett was when he was given some freedom. Shocking. This word for word promo approach for the entire locker room needs to die.
It's funny how guys who are over manage to work through the scripted promo issue. The guys who sputter in their career have the biggest complaints. Reminds me of when people that work for me complain about not getting enough breaks, but it's only the people who are middle of the road or below average performers. The guys who are top performers never complain that the system is broken.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote