View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 12:03 AM   #12221
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Actually I drank 2 tall cans of Relentless energy drink and nearly had a fucking panic attack. That isn't a joke.
That film is a painful exercise in the unparalleled pace of the highs and lows of high roller gambling addiction.

I saw a Mark Kermode review that said it invoked Bad Lieutenant the old Abel Ferrara film and I would agree if not for the fact that the newer Bad Lieutenant is actually more frenetic and a better example of addiction as a whole.

Uncut Gems was an incredible film though, one I will not forget anytime soon. No matter who says what, that ending was world class. Completely perfect as a story, the realism could cause every viewer to hate themselves a little more.

As for performances it was all beautiful. Not one aspect was misused or misappropriated in any way. The absurdity of it was so close to real life I would bet good money that a substantial amount of improvisation was allowed.

Adam Sandler is one of my heroes. I realise how unpopular that opinion is and I totally understand it. I just see the world class actor hiding in between silly comedies and I imagine how much more he has to offer.

I honestly think he will win an Oscar one day. He has it in him.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote