View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 04:33 AM   #1411
BCWWF
The People's Member

BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)
The Twins are apparently interested in Konerko, but I think most likely chances are he stays in CHW.

Some other Twins notes to catch you guys up...ESPN Insider has a rumor that the Twins are going to trade Justin Morneau for Corey Koskie. There can't be a more rediculous rumor in the history of rumors. I can see the Twins wanting to get Corey back, but there is no way they trade a 24 year old offensive phenom. Before he hit his sophomore slump this year he was the best first baseman in the AL. Albiet it only lasted a month.

The other thing, the pressure is on for Pohlad to spend some money this year. The payroll might be able to get up to 50 million! Anyway, the guys the Trib wants are Mueller and Konerko. I don't know for either. Soriano would be amazing, Stewart-Mauer-Soriano-Morneau-Hunter, maybe find a way to bring Koskie back as well. JJ is gone, pretty much, probably to the Royals or Padres, thats OK though, either Ford or Kubel will be able to step in.

One name that I haven't heard much of is Jim Thome. Isn't he a FA? He was interested in the Twins before signing with Philly, we just couldn't pay him. He is pretty much what the Twins are looking for, a good DH, but I dunno.

I still stand strong that we should have found a way to somehow make a deal for Griffey at the deadline. We needed a center fielder and we needed a power hitter, give up something Terry Ryan!

Anyway, thats all.