View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #79
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dastardly One View Post
which means they're good at fixing fights. I'd guess it's a very low % of fights that are fixed. But to think they don't fix fights is naive, given the ENTIRE history of fighting.
Which is why I dont think the ufc has ever fixed a fight from the organizational level.

It would be a little naive to think fighters themselves may have bet for or against themselves, however losing a fight you can win is going to keep more money out of your pocket in the long run than a single bet ever would pay you.

UFC wanted a legitimate sport. One fixed fight by them ruins their entire credibility and everything they have worked 25 years for. At the very least, I am willing to say that there has not been an organization fight fix since the Firtittas owned it.

If they wanted to fix fights, connor would never lose, brock would never lose, and they wouldnt have instituted USADA.