View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 08:54 PM   #179
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My take on Nick Khan's WWE is:

You won't see things like Mandy or Austin Theory get re-sent to NXT for further development (in Austin's case this was a great thing, his current character is good, early Randy Orton vibes IMO). If they don't click the way WWE wants them to WWE might fidget with them a little but then just 'cut their losses'

We'll probably see more and more callups from NXT 2.0 as time goes on. This means more main roster talent will be cleared out for the 'freshening' of the main roster. I don't think people will stay in NXT as long as the past, at all.

Nick Kahn probably looks at main event talent as 'have they peaked for what we will use them for' and 'how expensive are they if they've peaked' ala Braun/Bray/Nia.

I think Nick Khan is interested in who they can build the company on for the next 5-10 years. You have to keep around the older names people know like Edge, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, etc, but you cannot build the company around them.

Roman's time as 'the guy' will be over in a year or two. It's just time. Hogan, Austin/Rock, Cena, etc. No one goes a full decade as 'the guy'. His push started at WM31 as 'the guy'. It's got another year or two left, they have to figure out who the next face of WWE will be then.

Outside of Ronda, Brock being Brock, Austin a shoe-in for a WM role, Rock likely for a WM role the year after that, WWE doesn't have anymore rabbits to pull out of the magic hat for surprise returns. Edge was the bottom of the hat. They HAVE TO make new stars/freshen things up.
slik is offline   Reply With Quote