Thread: World Cup 2010
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #30
BCWWF
The People's Member

BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)
I filled out a mock World Cup on ESPN.com I believe, and there are some pretty intriguing matches that cold come. What I did (obviously biased) had the U.S. finishing second in the group and then getting a fairly easy round of 16 draw. Will be interesting.

But like ECG said, it's too easy to look at these groups by two top teams. In reality, most World Cup groups have one great team and three good teams that aren't separated by much. Just hope the US doesn't get caught up in their own hype.

I'm looking forward to Group A though. Will South Africa get out of their group? If so, who fails, France or Mexico?

Lastly, I fully expect the USA-England game to be the most hyped soccer game in US history to this point. It's a Saturday day game here, so everybody can watch it. Plus, the English national team is probably the most popular team in this country.