View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #215
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
DD being bad (although the director's cut was an improvement) had little to do with Ben's acting, so much as the writing, theatrical cut, and Fox's insistence on make it their version of 'cool' (the Bring Me To Life montage, though I like Evanescence, was cringe-worthy).

We don't even need to go back that far for an example on waiting to see results - Chris Evans also stared in bad superhero movies before he did good ones. We can go back right now in this forum and take a look at reactions to him getting the Cap part.
Affleck's acting was kind of a problem in that he really wasn't playing Daredevil.

Also, go ahead and bookmark this post. If, when I see the movie, I find Affleck to be decent in the role, revisit this and I will say I was wrong.

I doubt I will. I had faith in Ledger (I think I even said so on here) and don't think I ever had an opinion on Evans. I don't think there's a radical change on either front.

Also, the odds of me watching this in theaters are almost nil, so don't expect a confessional three hours after the midnight screening or something.

Time will, of course, tell. However, all we're doing is talking based on what we've got so far. And based on current info, I will go on record as saying I think this is a bad idea. I enjoy Affleck, but he seems to have a pretty limited range of roles he's good at. This is part of why I didn't want to sound off on Evans--I'd seen him in exactly one role before. I grew up with Affleck.

And honestly? If he's good, he's good, like I said before.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote