View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 01:33 AM   #584
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I might checkalook at Funimation later. I fux with CrunchyRoll, and I'm always amazed at how much of a come up they've made.

I remember when it was just some dump site for anime files. Then, they cleaned it up a bit and made it official. Then, with the building of an empire from the quick turnaround of Naruto subs ASAP after airing in Japan and maybe 3-4 other shows like Eyeshield 21 (I think Prince of Tennis was one of them, too). March on to now, where they're a definitive name in anime. It's kinda like watching your neighbor's kid grow up.

And I asked about the interface because as many options as there are on the VRV app, the layout could be better. Visiting it on the website is better than using a phone/FireTv/XBOX, and since my laptop took a flying dive long ago and I haven't gotten around to replacing it, I use those three options. If a show is dubbed and subbed even in the same place, it is essentially listed twice... and if you let it autoplay, it will run through both in succession as opposed to being one listing and a toggle.

However, given the fact that I don't have to deal with commercials (main reason why I quit Hulu - why pay for a service to STILL get commercials? What the hell am I paying for, then??), I have what looks like the full run of CrunchyRoll, Funimation, and Cartoon Hangover (did I mention that I love Bravest Warriors?!), and random shiz from the other channels, like VRV Select seemingly going all in on the entirety of the Stargate franchise, and, though sloppily implemented, what looks like that "Night Flight Premium" that has been popping up all over my facebook feed being eventually added as another channel, I don't exactly regret where my money is going...

I just think the interface could be less shitty. If I like one of the others better, I might see if it lets me "work backwards" to use it, or if I have to make up a secondary sub to access it.

At any rate, thanks, Destor. I will try them out individually.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote