View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 03:35 AM   #3506
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
I didn't bring it up. I'm not trying to spin the story, they are.

If the AEW personalities and the Sheet writers they have on the take would not have claimed it as a weekly win, it would be fine. I am not denying that one episode of Dynamite had a higher number in a demo than one episode of Raw.

I don't think they should claim they beat Raw in the weekly ratings, because they did not. They choose that wording, knowing they were in the following week, knowing that their previous week Wednesday show did not beat the Raw that aired in the same weekly ratings report.

Instead of waiting until Wednesday to see if they would keep their viewership up and actually beat Raw, they took the first chance they had and hyped up a weekly win that didn't happen, because I assume they knew they weren't actually going to outdraw Raw in the current week either, which ended up being true, since they did not.

What spin since the whole talk was never about AEW getting to claim this past whole week as a win using the prior week's number.

Sheets sites and writers talk about ratings after every major tv wrestling show numbers come out which means 3 times per week (4 if Impact charted or did anything notable). That also potentially means 3 different ratings comparisons being made throughout the week as new numbers come in for shows. They are not going to just wait a specific day to talk about ratings just to please whoever would be upset if its done any other way.

I went back to look up what the Observer wrote for their ratings report and even they mentioned the comparison was only for AEW & RAW's most recent shows and not the entire week of December 14th as you keep assuming is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
For the first time ever, not only did last week's AEW Dynamite beat an hour of Raw, but it beat all three hours in 18-49 and 18-34. It is not a lock AEW will beat Raw's numbers tomorrow but it would be a surprise if it doesn't beat this Friday's SmackDown numbers on FS1. AEW has only beaten 0.41 twice this year, both times in the last two weeks.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote