View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 05:49 AM   #3507
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
Seeing as RAW and Nitro aired on the same day, that comparison you made is just as bad and illogical as the Browns vs. Ravens one xrod made a while ago.

AEW and RAW don't air on the same day which is why when Tuesday's ratings come out if you want to make any sort of direct comparison between the two, you take Monday's RAW and the previous Wednesday. For the first time ever, AEW managed to actually top RAW in the key demo but didn't build it into a streak with their next show since now that show is the one being compared to RAW's show from Monday for Thursday's ratings talks.

AEW already has beaten RAW within the sub key demos a couple times before and the gap between the two in several areas gets very close at times on other occasions.
Why does it make a difference if they’re on at the same time if you can compare other weeks with each other? That’s trivial at this point.

TV ratings have always been compared to the programming that week. Raw got 1.54 million and AEW got 800k or whatever. That’s it. When Raw tanked you knew AEW was going to tank. There was a drop-off in the weeks.

Listen to yourself: “sub-key demos.” What kind of oxymoronic bullshit that? Oh, it’s a key demo, it’s just not the key demo. THAT’S WHAT KEY DEMO MEANS! You can’t have a sub-key demo.

Oh, you’ve got first place and then you’ve got sub-first place. No. You’ve got bullshit. This is propaganda designed to prop up a bullshit wrestling company for either personal or professional reasons. I don’t know if Meltzer is getting paid, but maybe it’s his reputation since he’s consulting with them, or maybe it’s the fact that TK is an idiot that doesn’t know what he’s doing but when the Observer School of Wrestling so Dave feels like it can’t fail. Maybe it’s just because he’s forced himself to watch WWE and has brainwashed himself. But this ratings talk is just not honest. And there are people who take things that they read on the internet and don’t question them, circulate them further, change the wording of even more.

Raw has never been beaten by AEW. The history books will reflect that. But unfortunately we’ll have a lot of myths because of this sort of shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
I didn't bring it up. I'm not trying to spin the story, they are.

If the AEW personalities and the Sheet writers they have on the take would not have claimed it as a weekly win, it would be fine. I am not denying that one episode of Dynamite had a higher number in a demo than one episode of Raw.

I don't think they should claim they beat Raw in the weekly ratings, because they did not. They choose that wording, knowing they were in the following week, knowing that their previous week Wednesday show did not beat the Raw that aired in the same weekly ratings report.

Instead of waiting until Wednesday to see if they would keep their viewership up and actually beat Raw, they took the first chance they had and hyped up a weekly win that didn't happen, because I assume they knew they weren't actually going to outdraw Raw in the current week either, which ended up being true, since they did not.
Exactly this.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote