View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 09:01 PM   #233
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The NWA also confirmed that Ian Riccaboni will be part of the announce team for the Crockett Cup tournament, which is taking place in Concord, North Carolina on Saturday, April 27. The NWA and ROH are partnering together for the tournament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Wrestling DVD Network is reporting that WWE will be including the following matches on the DVD release of HBO's Andre the Giant documentary this May:

Handicap Match
Andre the Giant vs. Jose Estrada & Tony Russo
All-Star Wrestling • August 30, 1978

Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan
Showdown at Shea • August 9, 1980

Steel Cage Match
Andre the Giant vs. Big John Studd
Philadelphia, PA • September 24, 1983

$15,000 Body Slam Match
Andre the Giant vs. Big John Studd
WrestleMania • March 31, 1985

WWE & NFL Battle Royal
WrestleMania 2 • April 7, 1986

WWE Championship Match
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant
WrestleMania III • March 29, 1987

WWE Championship Match
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant
The Main Event • February 5, 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Oliver Luck (Andrew's dad, the XFL commissioner shared some details on the league yesterday on WFAN.

1. Vince has a minority stake in Draft Kings and the plan is to encourage legalized gambling on the games and do fantasy on the XFL via Draft Kings.
2. Vince owns 100% of the XFL and Oliver Luck is the commissioner.
3. Luck is trying to avoid stuff like "He Hate Me" on the back of the jerseys.
4. There will be drug testing for PEDs.
5. All 8 head coaches will make the same money - $500,000 annual salary.
6. The top players can make up to $250,000 with the possibility of bonuses to teams for winning games like the old XFL.
Link: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...s-xfl.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There was some grumbling among talents that Impact announced their 4/7 event had been moved from Queens, NY to New Jersey publicly without telling the talent first. It wasn't so much about the move as it was the talents being caught unaware when they are also trying to strategize other appearances and bookings on the biggest weekend of the year. More than one talent commented to me that this was a good example of where Sonjay Dutt will be missed as he was the most communicative member of management when it came to talent.

A big part of the reason for the move to New Jersey was concern about the New York State Athletic Commission curfew on pro wrestling. In New Jersey, there is no commission, hence relative freedom. One thing Impact will have to make sure is that their event on Thursday 4/4 is over before the last New Jersey Transit train back to NYC leaves Rahway, NJ, which as of the current scheduled, would be 1:52 AM as the next train would not be until after 4:30 AM. With an 11 PM start, that's going to require their live production to be really right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those of you with Verizon Fios, please be aware that if you did a series record for Impact Wrestling last week, the network listing featured the two hour broadcast as FOUR different half-hour episodes with only the 8-8:30 PM segment listed as a new episode. So, unless you set your DVR to record new episodes AND repeats, you are chancing the possibility of not getting the entire episode. We have heard Impact has made the network aware of the issues with the program guide, but Pursuit has been slow in responding in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Jerry Lawler claimed on his podcast R-Truth was really upset Nia Jax attacked him? Come on. That's some b******* right there. Who's going to believe that?

Well, that's not what Lawler actually said. He stated that Truth was upset about how hard Jax laid it in on him when she attacked him and that his face got banged up. I can absolutely see a pro wrestling being upset if they felt someone took liberties. It happens, accidentally and on purpose, on a regular basis.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Lance Archer spoke with Pro Wrestling Sheet about why he's not allowed to spit water into NJPW crowds any longer. When asked if he did it to the wrong person, here was Hoyt's response:

"I guess so, a small portion of the NJPW audience—the majority of them loved it," Archer began. "I would go through the audience and do the water spraying, spitting throwing, and stuff. People were holding signs in Japan—in English—saying, 'water, please.' I came around the corner one time and an adult father had his child, maybe two years old, holding it up for me to come around the corner and spray the child. I said, 'nope,' went around the child and he was disappointed! There was a small portion of the audience that was complaining about bags and their hair. That got listen to and now I can't do it."
Link: https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/s...91824003837952

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW Frontpage via Triple A
Dean Ambrose is working WWE house shows this weekend and is scheduled for upcoming Raw shows, PWInsider says, in case there was any doubt.

WWE said that he’s leaving in April, so he’ll still probably be on TV until then.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote