View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 08:40 PM   #46685
mike adamle
His name is Jeff Harvey

mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
The first wrestling related memory I have was from the first time I saw Royal Rumble 1994. I'm not sure if I watched it live (I would've only been two so I doubt this, I'm assuming I was around 4 when my dad rented the vhs.) But I vividly remembered all the heels dominating Taker, I was mesmerized by the green shit coming outta the urn, I assumed that's what people turned into after they died. I was amazed by the post match speech from inside the casket.

And if that wasn't enough Bret Hart was my favorite wrestler and he heroically co-won the Royal Rumble. I was hooked.

Stopped watching around 2003-4 but once again became hooked one night in April 2007. Was on the phone with my best friend because she would always call me every night and talk about nothing. I was flipping through channels and saw Raw was on. At the time I'd always check it out but normally change the channel after 5 minutes. This time John Cena was wrestling Shawn Michaels in England. They ended wrestling for like an hour and I just remember my friend getting annoyed with me because I wasn't paying attention to anything she was saying because I knew I was watching a classic.

That hooked me in until about 2014. The product just became too unbearable even though all my favorite indy wrestlers are there which is really ironic. I still go to WrestleMania and some of the shows that weekend but really that's just as an excuse to go on vacation and see my girl from Mexico who comes up to see me during that week. Hopefully the move to Fox will change things and make wrestling fun again.
mike adamle is offline   Reply With Quote