View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 04:57 PM   #23
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Oh, agreed. JBL was jarring, as was the transformation from Bradshaw to JBL, and it's a perfect example of how far the WWE have gradually fallen piece by piece over the years. This is what I mean when I say that people in the bubble don't see it, and active fans have been conditioned to take this shit and ask for me.

When JBL became champion, ratings and PPV buys tanked. There's no way to spin it -- JBL was a fucking awful champion, despite how much Gertner promos otherwise. The transformation was jarring and weird, and had a noticeable affect on the company. But when you get to Jinder Mahal, they don't even change his gimmick. They just suddenly tell you that he's super-charged and ready to be the best fighter in the world. And nothing really changes. Sure, things continue to tick down, but there is no sudden drop. That's because the damage has already been done. The people left are the people left. The good news is that the WWE probably knows where their bottom is now.
Business was just declining at that time, not really JBLs fault. Most people I know who followed the business at that time really liked his act. The JBL push did seem rushed, but they felt they needed a new top star. Eddie wasn't reliable, and they figured JBL would be a good opponent for him when he was 100%.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote