View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 10:46 AM   #54
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
He was my favorite wrestler throughout the 90s, I read his book like zealots read the Bible or Quran. I may have watched every taped match of his career.

He wasn't "just" a person, he was a really cool person.

HIAC is the only reason I looked at Undertaker as more than a cartoon character, the reason I started taking Rock seriously (Rock and Austin proved he was a star, his matches with Mankind made him seem dangerous), and the only reason I can take HHH seriously is because of his fued with Foley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I think Destor and I were talking about people just being people in general. It wasn't specifically there to denigrate Mick Foley, although he has devalued his star on his own.

In my opinion, Foley was one of the best carpenters of the Attitude era, and possibly of all-time. He was a great opponent for Austin, Shawn Michaels, Rock, HHH and Undertaker. Not many people can boast that versatility. I think that his influence in the WWF's late 90s success is understated by the company and even by himself. He's only behind Austin, Rock, Vince and maybe JR in terms of getting that shit over. The company will put Undertaker and HHH before Foley, and that's just not true.
Yeah I was saying he a human like anyone else.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote