View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 06:08 PM   #2484
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
I don't get it. Haven't watched NJPW for a long time going now but their roster is quite thin and full of rematches every show I read about. 3 "mega" shows in one week sounds like overkill without a lot of outside talent coming in. I wish them well but truly I've just got no interest in NJPW anymore.
Its less about their roster being thin and more of it being too rigid with how its broken down for divisions. The pandemic exposed how inflexible it is once they started losing a bunch of people due to COVID and travel issues. That in turn screwed up Gedo's long-term style booking mentality and him rushing big pushes that mostly didn't pan out the way he wanted (ex. EVIL, Will Ospreay) or rushing his plans for the year that led to very deflated results (ex. Naito's double title reign, Ibushi's merged title reign).

Like they should have merged their tag divisions during this pandemic even if only for the short term and that would have solved issues people have had with it over the years. Mostly about the lack of star power it has and being spread too thinly over 2 divisions. WWE has the exact same problem with their main roster tag divisions over the years.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote