View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 07:23 AM   #16
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Now that the whole suspension of disbelief is gone forever the only way wrestling ever has another boom period is if MMA disappears from the face of the Earth. That's it.

MMA, specifically the UFC, is why hardcore combat sports fans who grew up watching and care about wrestling has moved on. Why watch fake fights over fake stakes when you can watch real fights with real stakes? Sure, wrestling has more storylines to it, but MMA has drama between the fighters to an extent; and if you want story telling you have a massive supply of it elsewhere at the tips of your fingers, on demand, 24/7.

It's just a slow march onward to the inevitable death of wrestling at this point. Sure, some competition is good for the companies, but it isn't going to bring in anyone new. And I'm of the opinion that the absolute flood of wrestling content being put out these days is doing far more harm than good. Feel like wrestling would have more draw, more allure I guess, if WWE and AEW both had 1 show per week. Oversaturation is bad in so many ways that it would take a half dozen Noid posts to explain it.
combat sports arent new. boxing has peaked higher than mma ever has
Destor is online now   Reply With Quote