View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 06:04 PM   #293
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
Out of interest; who?
You can go down the list of the ROH, MLW and NWA rosters and pick out who you like. There’s a bunch of scuttlebutt about a bunch of guys from those pockets being ignored because of some EVP insecurity. Some won’t believe it, but I do. Keep in mind this is the promotion was that quite rude to CM Punk in the beginning too.

There’s also no reason you can’t go down the main Japanese rosters and find guys to pluck either. Shad Khan has the money. The only deals that you can’t really get out of are WWE ones.

I’m not avoiding the question. I can list a bunch of names — some guys I love and some I don’t but can see appeal in. Jacob Fatu, Sefa Fatu, Kota Ibushi, Alexander Hammerstone, The Briscoes, etc. But everybody knows them. Just like everybody knows the WWE guys of value who got away. Orton, Mysterio, The Usos, Nakamura, Styles, Goldberg, Edge. And the guys that have eventually ended up in AEW, or are likely to, that they missed first go around. Danielson, Punk, Steen. And then you’ve got guys that were free agents and eventually got picked up, and are now praised — Eddie Kingston and Ricky Starks from the NWA, for example.

Matt Hardy and Chavo Guerrero are not value adds over many of them (any of them?). And the point is more that people are complaining about the sheer number of people getting a shot, taking time away from content they’d prefer, than the really big names being given spots because it helps.

Very easy to say “they should make the best signings possible.” Yeah, they should. But no one is saying don’t hire stars or guys that are really, really good. That’s the easy way of getting past the “I really don’t like seeing this flavor perpetuated by this TV program” argument.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote