View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 05:02 PM   #5975
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gertner of TPWW View Post
1.175 million. Down 11%

Abandon ship!

R.I.P

I remember when SCG Radio made fun of TNA for having a 1.1 problem. They could never get past that rating. AEW has a 1.1 problem of their own. Theirs is viewership.

They just got handed possibly the most likeable star in all of wrestling. Of course that brings them some attention. But then, either because of what that star does or doesn’t do, or the show around them, people tune back out.

WWE gets mocked for losing their audience and not creating new fans. Why does AEW escape criticism for their own ineptitude? 1.4 million people checked them out opposed by other wrestling. About half of those people said “Nope, not for me.” Now they are on a wrestling-free night and they sit at about 1.1 million every week, and every time there is a big star — either from the world of celebrity sports or wrestling — they climb for a moment and then most of those people say “Nope, not for me.”

Can we please stop acting like this show is somehow successful at creating appealing content while WWE is not? What you can say for one can be said for the other. They are both bad television in their different ways, but they are both definitely bad television.

And no, Americans are not known for their taste. Something being popular doesn’t mean it’s good. Conversely, being unpopular doesn’t mean something is bad. But wrestling’s viewership being even as high as it is is reflective of that bad taste. This isn’t something good waiting to be discovered. This is something most people turn off because it doesn’t tick enough boxes for them. Stop lying and telling me it does.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote