View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #2025
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
1. Didn’t realize there was a hurricane. 2. Is it? Is everyone watching the weather during a storm? I don’t think that happens when we get disasters over here. And they affect specific regions.
This baffles me. Major disasters get coverage everywhere and this particular storm is the second strongest hurricane on record and just sat on top of a country for 2-3 days and completely destroyed the northern half of it (The Bahamas). You may be the only person online who didn't know there was a hurricane.

And yeah a lot of people will be watching the weather channel. When you have storms like that that are threatening areas with tens of millions of people you tend to want to know if you need to run or not. We've gotten an evac order 3 out of the last 4 years, including for this storm. Pretty much the entire coast from Miami through North Carolina was ordered to evac. I was glued to the weather channel at that point to decide if I was going to try and fight the traffic or if maybe I would risk staying put. Stayed put this time, glad I did. Stayed just outside of the bad part of the storm.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote