View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 04:51 AM   #1813
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Metal Gear Rising was good.

The Gameplay is great, albeit not for everyone with it's no blocking/counter only system. Outside of the gameplay though, there were a lot of flaws. Camera is ass. Extremely generic backgrounds.

Game had very weird transitions from serious plot to over the top comedy. Like one minute Raiden is wearing a sombrero and poncho in Mexico, the next they're talking about harvesting the organs of children. Just wtf.

The last boss is just assinine. Just ridiculously absurd saturday morning cartoon villain, in a game that treated the rest of it's villains much more seriously. This character is the last boss, despite the fact the he barely appears in the game before the fight, and despite the fact that Sam has more character development and more of a connection with Raiden.

But like I said, the gameplay is still pretty awesome, and that's the most important part. Good stuff.

Dunno what I'm gonna do next. Kinda want to play the FF 13 games, even though I know I probably won't like the first one. Never been able to just read a wiki on a game to prep for the sequel. I have to actually play it. It's the completist in me.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote