View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 12:59 AM   #2096
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Wrestlers Against Nuts Association:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
With a jump to 2.293 million viewers on Tuesday night, SmackDown ratings increased for the second straight week. The show was heavily promoted around Shinsuke Nakamura defending his newly-won United States title against former champion Jeff Hardy.

This week's number was up from last Tuesday's 2.183 million viewers and 14 percent higher than the low-water mark posted two weeks ago ...

SmackDown continues to show huge declines in the year-over-year ratings, however, as this week's episode was down 10 percent over the same week in 2017, the fifth straight week the show has had a double-digit decline.
Quote:
One of The Rock’s earliest matches in his pro wrestling career will be tomorrow’s WWE Network Hidden Gem upload.

WWE Network News reported tonight that tomorrow’s upload will be a dark match between Dwayne Johnson and Bodydonna Skip, also known as Chris Candido. The reported synopsis lists a March 11, 1996 date meaning this would be his second ever WWE match, with a dark match against the Brooklyn Brawler the day before at a WWE Superstars taping being his first.
Link: http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2018/0...r-highlighted/

Quote:
Daniel Cormier told Instinct Culture at the Sports Humanitarian Awards that Seth Rollins texted him “Congratulations, now go kick Brock’s ass” after UFC 226. Cormier said he's friends with Rollins, and Cormier famously celebrated in the crowd when Rollins cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase to win the WWE title at WrestleMania 31.

During an interview with ESPN, Cormier joked that he’ll win the Universal title from Brock Lesnar.
Quote:
When asked about potentially wrestling in WWE, Travis Browne said he’s under contract with the UFC but would never say no to the possibility of wrestling. He said he’d love to work with Ronda Rousey and would want to be in a tag team with her. Browne is Rousey’s husband and said he’s never seen her happier than she is now.
Link: https://youtu.be/GO2ZAvnxlM4

Quote:
The latest edition of the NWA’s Ten Pounds of Gold series focuses on the build to Flip Gordon challenging for Nick Aldis’ title at ROH Honor for All on Friday.

Gordon vs. Silas Young is set for ROH's TV tapings at Center Stage in Atlanta on Saturday.

TMZ reported that David Arquette had a warm-up match in Tijuana, Mexico while wearing a mask before returning to the ring for Championship Wrestling From Hollywood.
NWA: https://youtu.be/nt57c9TlUGg , ROH: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/fl...ficial-atlanta , Arquette: http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/17/david-...-match-mexico/

Quote:
Ayako Hamada has been placed under probation following her arrest for possession of methamphetamines.

Initially, outlets in Japan and the US reported that Hamada had been sentenced to eighteen months in prison. Sister Xochitl Hamada, however, told Mediotiempo in Mexico that Hamada had been sentenced to three years probation, and that if she were to violate her probation she could face eighteen months in prison.

In a statement to media in Japan, Hamada announced that she is retiring from pro wrestling due to the situation. She stated that she hopes to find work as a interpreter since she is fluent in both Japanese and Spanish.

Hamada, 37, was arrested back on May 13 for possession of a banned stimulant, in this case meth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida began advertising WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar for the 7/30 Raw taping today.

The appearance would be Lesnar's first appearance on WWE programming since the Greatest Royal Rumble event back in April and would be the episode of Raw the week after his Summerslam 2018 challenger is determined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
NJPW kicks off three straight days of G1 Climax at Korakuen Hall this morning. Day 4 will be live on NJPWWorld.com at 5.30AM Est/10.30AM UK with the following B Block matches:

*SANADA vs. Tama Tonga
*Zack Sabre Jr vs. Toru Yano
*Juice Robinson vs. Kota Ibushi
*Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
*Kenny Omega vs. Hirooki Goto
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Brian Fritz of Sporting News is reporting that a day after she officially reported to the WWE Performance Center, ROH and STARDOM alum Deonna Purrazzo is the latest entrant into the 2018 Mae Young Classic.

WWE also announced that Tegan Nox, Jessica Elaban and Reina Gonzales have been added to the tournament.

Already confirmed for the tournament are Rhea Ripley former WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn, Io Shirai, Nicole Matthews, Jinny, former American Ninja Warrior star Kacy Catanzaro and Vernice Gabriel, a female star in the Philippines.

The tournament, in its second year, will be taped next month for the WWE Network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor will return this Friday 7/20 with "Honor For All" in Nashville, TN at the Municipal Auditorium which will air live for Honorclub subscribers, which you can subscribe to by clicking here.,

Announced for the event:
*ROH TV Champion Punishment Martinez vs. Scorpio Sky.
*NWA Champion Nick Aldis vs. Flip Gordon.
*Women of Honor Champion Sumie Sakai vs. Karen Q.
*ROH Tag Team Champions The Briscoes vs. IWGP Tag Team Champions The Young Buck vs. The Addiction - Non-title.
*Kenny King vs. Chris Sabin vs. Shane Taylor vs. Jonathan Gresham to determine top contender for ROH TV Championship.
*Cody vs. TK O'Ryan.
*Matt Taven vs. Marty Scurll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Austin Aires is set to defend his title at Slammiversary on this Sunday. Aries will put his Impact World Championship on the line against Moose in front of a sold-out Toronto crowd ...

The Belt Collector took part in a media call today where I had the chance to ask about other WWE Superstars who might not be happy and ready to strike out on their own. Aries said at this point there is such a vibrant array of options that it gives someone a world of possibilities outside of Vince McMahon and Company.

"I mean listen, if there's a number of men and women over there who feel they're in a position where they're spinning their wheels," Aries said. "Or maybe not getting the opportunities they feel they earned that are immensely talented. I'm not gonna name names but I think anyone in that position who wants to better themselves, I think Impact Wrestling provides a platform at least that's not gonna tie you down and lock you in and give you the opportunities to actually go and prove that."

While Aries declined providing specifics, he noted that talent have other options if they feel that they're not being utilized properly.

"They go and do that also independently across the world. So you know it's a unique opportunity. Listen, there's a lot -- they have a huge roster and there's a lot of talent on there. There's only so many spots and so many hours of television. So you know I'm sure there are people who feel like they're getting left out or they're not getting the shots that they want, and if they find themselves free and clear, it's cool. There's a nice vibrate professional landscape right now for people to go out and apply their craft."
Link: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...underutilized/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Christian recently discussed the reason for his finisher's name change during a Q&A episode of E&C's Pod Of Awesomeness. Captain Charisma said the reason for this switch-up came down to how dangerous he wanted the move to appear.

"The name The Unprettier kinda came as a joke between myself and The Hardys and Adam we would joke around," Chrisian said. "I don't even remember how we came up with it but I jokingly called it The Unprettier because I hate how it makes you feel so damn unpretty. We would jokingly talk about it behind-the-scene and somebody and somebody heard it, I think it might have been Michael Cole or somebody.

"He said it on the air and it kinda just stuck from there. But I never thought the name matched how dangerous the move was. So when I came back from TNA to WWE I kinda wanted to repackage a few different things, the name of my finish being one of them. I had a conversation earlier that first day back with Vince and I told him my feelings on it and what I wanted to name it and he went, 'no that's great. Do it.' So that's how it got changed."

Some other sheet news includes:
  • The Sporting News had a recent interview with Deonna Purrazzo talking about her recent signing with the WWE, this year's Mae Young Classic tournament, and more. http://www.sportingnews.com/wwe/news...n1d25bk6ertf7x
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, yesterday was the 38th anniversary of Verne Gagne's 10th and final AWA Championship victory of his career. Gagne defeated then champion Nick Bockwinkel for the title.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, yesterday was the 8th anniversary of the first ever Money in the Bank PPV in the WWE. Miz won the RAW brand case while Kane won the Smackdown brand case.
  • NJPW's official website held a recent interview with Tetsuya Naito talking about his issues with how NJPW picks wrestlers for the G1, facing Omega and Ibushi in this year's tournament, and his thoughts on facing fellow LIJ member SANADA in this year's tournament. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...imax-entrants/
  • During a recent episode of The Ross Report podcast show, Jim Ross revealed he currently expects to not be involved with this year's Mae Young Classic tournament. He stated WWE has yet to contact him for the event and also admitted he could have done a better job on commentary in last year's tournament.

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote