View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 10:02 PM   #1070
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 11/19 episode of WWE Backstage on FS1, featuring a CM Punk interview brought in 180,000 viewers, up from last week's 1000,000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
On today’s NXT conference call, Triple H said people will find out the final member of Team Ciampa for TakeOver: WarGames on the day of the show. He called it epic and said people will be very excited. Tommaso Ciampa, Keith Lee, Dominik Dijakovic, and a partner will face The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish) in the men’s WarGames match this Saturday.
Quote:
Randy Orton, Rhea Ripley, and Steve Austin were guests on today’s episode of After the Bell with Corey Graves.

During his appearance, Orton spoke about re-signing with WWE and the teases he did on social media before signing: “Yeah, I was just having fun man. I’ve been, more-so now than ever, I’m aware of other guys like Will Ospreay and other guys that work with Cody. I’m watching a little more wrestling. I’m not in the WWE bubble as much as I’ve been for almost the last two decades and I’m learning to appreciate other styles a little more instead of just quickly seeing something that isn’t how I would do it or isn’t how I would sell it and I’m realizing in its own way, it’s good. This might be upsetting for some people, but I never really saw myself leaving WWE. To me, it was about getting to a point where I’m happy and what I’m doing to my body, the amount of time I’m gone from my family. In the end, it’s all gonna be worth it and that’s where I’m at right now, so I’m definitely happy being a WWE superstar.”
Quote:
AEW's return to the Sears Centre Arena will include a rematch from their last trip to the venue.

AEW has announced that Kenny Omega will face PAC on next Wednesday's episode of Dynamite in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. It's a rematch from All Out, where PAC defeated Omega after replacing Jon Moxley due to Moxley's MRSA infection.

AEW noted that we'll also hear from Omega on tonight's Dynamite. He doesn't have a match on the show, but he'll be defending his AAA Mega Championship against Jack Evans on tonight's AEW Dark tapings. That match will air on YouTube next Tuesday.
Quote:
WWE COO Paul "Triple H" Levesque held his traditional pre-NXT TakeOver conference call Wednesday morning and answered several interesting questions including one about talents asking for releases.

When asked by Jason Powell about wrestlers going to social media, Levesque said he hoped talent would talk to management instead of going to the media and social media to air their issues. He said that people get frustrated in the moment and say things they later would like to take back. "It's a maturity issue and not how you handle it. You handle your business like a professional."
Considering the stories of Harper and others who dealt with Triple H regarding work related issues, he's not going to be any different and maybe even worse than Vince when it comes to handling talent issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those who have asked, Dio Maddin is still, as of today, officially part of the Raw broadcast team.

He is currently off TV selling the Brock Lesnar attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Championship Wrestling of Arkansas (CWA) is pleased to announce that legendary Memphis wrestling announcer, Dave Brown is scheduled to make a rare appearance at CWA’s “No Surrender” event on Saturday, January 18th, at the Maumelle Event Center in North Little Rock, Arkansas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Rhino chatted with Mirror Sport ...

Rhino was asked about the possibility of a union forming in professional wrestling. He is not keen on the idea and feels that it could destroy the industry:

“It wouldn’t work, it would kill the industry. When you look at unions for things like movies, it works because movies are planned so far in advance and actors/actresses get the scripts and have to accept it or turn it down. But wrestling is so fast paced and changes, that it just wouldn’t work. I come from Detroit which is a union town, so I get having unions in certain industries, but it wouldn’t work in wrestling. It would kill the independent scene and a lot of start-up promotions. Lots of states in America have commissions and stuff that creates more hoops for them to jump through and we all know that most companies don’t make a lot of money as it is, so to have these extra hurdles would kill a lot of companies.”
Quote:
Sami Zayn’s ‘Sami vs. Generico’ t-shirt on Pro Wrestling Tees has brought in $12,000 which has been raised for a mobile clinic in Syria. Sami and Pro Wrestling Tees have extended the availability of the shirt.
Quote:
AEW President Tony Khan joined WrestlingINC’s WINCLY podcast and talked about CM Punk tagging him in a tweet along with Vince McMahon and members of WWE Backstage that eventually led to Khan’s back and forth with Randy Orton on Twitter:

“You know what’s funny? I never once brought him up. I’ve never once brought his name up to bring him into the conversation but whenever I get asked a question, I try to be good about answering questions. People, especially when people travel to go to the scrums and stuff, and I always made it really clear that I had conversations with him but, never tried to lead anybody on to think that he would be doing anything with us and whatever. I haven’t talked to him in a long time, but I wish him the best. I’m not sure why he tagged me, but he kept talking about wrestling. I think it would be hard to talk about all the great things happening without talking about what we’re doing in AEW. But yeah, I got the sense he felt like we would bring him up and it’s like, ‘If you actually watch…’ not that he’s gonna actually take the time to watch because he’s getting tagged in that stuff too. Not by me, but by all the people asking the questions.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE Network News
In the past, WWE has shied away from releasing any Survivor Series Showdown or SummerSlam Spectacular specials before 1993 via Hidden Gems. This was always presumed to be because they very openly used the Prime Time Wrestling branding and thus would be released as classic content within that series. Well, as stated above, the company has spiced this one up considerably so that it isn’t merely “as seen on TV”. Of course, we do initially have Survivor Series Showdown 1992, as it aired with the following card:

Repo Man vs. Tatanka
Marty Jannetty vs. The Brooklyn Brawler
Kamala (w/Harvey Wippleman & Kim Chee) vs. Red Tyler
Earthquake vs. Irwin R. Schyster (w/Jimmy Hart)
Barry Horowitz vs. The Big Boss Man
Red Fox & Royce Royal vs. The Headshrinkers (Fatu & Samu) (w/Afa)

But then, the fun truly begins after that ending copyright notice, with over an hour of the following “dark footage”:

Nailz vs. Big Boss Man
A Jimmy Garvin interview with Mean Gene
WWF Championship: The Mountie vs. Bret Hart ©
Virgil vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
Razor Ramon vs. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
WWF Championship: Papa Shango vs. Bret Hart ©
Nailz vs. Ultimate Warrior

Yes, both Nailz and Bret have 2 matches and yes, the raw footage timestamp confirms that all of this happened after the show. Speaking of raw footage, we can confirm that none of the post-TV footage has commentary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Tickets for NXT at Full Sail through the end of January will be on sale soon, indicating the show will remain at Full Sail through at least January.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
WWE Backstage might not be afraid to address the hot topic issues in wrestling. But even they want nothing to do with Jim Cornette. Cornette, who resigned from his position as NWA Powerrr commentator on Wednesday after making a racist comment on Tuesday's episode, promoted his upcoming podcast, hinting that he'll explain everything behind the decision. A fan suggested Cornette go on WWE Backstage to explain the situation, tagging host Renee Young, frequent panelist Paige and other members of the show.

Neither Young nor Paige were very receptive to the idea.
Links: https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/sta...29353618165760 , https://twitter.com/ReneeYoungWWE/st...30737780441088

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote