View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 02:46 AM   #2304
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
No it's not. They ran it the night before. You were saying how they "sold out." Not so much for Impact.

Ratings absolutely do mean something when you're only getting <200,000 people and it causes the station to move you to a later time slot. We're not talking about WWE hovering around 2.5 and 2.4 million viewers like they did for a while there. They're continuing to slip when there's barely any meat on their bones.

I've always disliked the argument of "Well, there's something better on." That's a problem. Of course major events are going to cut into ratings a little bit, but the problem is that TNA just can't get eyeballs and can't keep the eyeballs it has on its product. Sometimes great shows aren't ratings successes, but when you've got an audience and you can't keep it, then it's not working. There's not much else to it besides that.

I'm sure everybody is working hard, and that Don Callis, Scott D'Amore and Ed Nordholm or whatever his name is do care deeply about what they're doing. But it doesn't change the fact that it's not working. I don't know what working with other companies has to do with anything. That's something, like charging for tickets, TNA should have been doing years and years ago. And they've had the opportunity and burnt bridges and burnt their audience. They're "nice guys" now, but let's see how it all transpires.
That's basically all I'm saying, they've started doing what they should have been doing all along. They haven't done these things in a while so actually doing it is a success. They're still the most watched promotion behind WWE. Wrestling isn't main stream and I think your standards a way too high when it comes to the current pro wrestling landscape.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote