Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 10:06 PM   #1521
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've never said the numbers aren't "good enough." The numbers are what they are. It's how you read them that matters. I don't doubt that Nielsen calculates 750k with a 0.25 demo or whatever to be AEW's purported numbers. It's just how literally and seriously you take that in 2020 or when the numbers are that low that a few boxes could throw them out, seemingly significantly.

I don't "gloat" about WWE's numbers. I just find it fun to point out when people "gloat" about Dynamite "beating" NXT by 11k viewers or whatever (which could mean one person with a box fell asleep), compared to the industry leader (apparently uncool), which more than doubles them in overall viewership and that alleged key demo. By that archaic system, AEW still doesn't perform like people try to will it to.

Again, I understand why people are biased, but it's just fucking frustrating for someone who likes to look at things logically to see "NXT UP!" as the ratings subheading, or whatever, and "Raw is fucking crashing" when Raw is doing significantly well compared to AEW, who don't even have a significant lead on the "competition" they are said to be beating each week. It's a crooked narrative.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote