View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 10:55 PM   #34
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
Apparently the owner of AEW is a long-time subscriber to the Observer Newsletter which could have been a reason why Meltzer became more confident as time went on about this new promotion being legit and not just some crazy rumored idea.

If he got any inside info from the owner, made it a lot easier to piece together whatever the Bucks were feeding him since its well known they are one of his biggest sources in the indies.
There was always smoke to the fire. It was such an odd rumor to just make up re: the Khans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
AJ Styles isn't going anywhere. He has been giving the keys to the castle so to speak. The guy isn't just around the main event, he is the #1 guy in the company with Roman gone.

They treat him like the talent he is, and I doubt he ever works anywhere else again.

Shinsuke could certainly go, but everything that I've read suggest he wants to do more in WWE for his legacy.

I think of the bigger names, it would be Gallows and Anderson, and maybe Sami.

Finn doesn't really have the relationship with the other Indy guys, as he hasn't really been an Indy guy working the circuit since before he was a mainstay in Japan. Plus with his sudden renewed push, walking away would be foolish.

Ziggler isn't leaving as long as WWE continues to allow him his outside projects and comedy shows. He also would not get a better spot in AEW, he just feels like he would be out of place anywhere outside of WWE.

I could see Ryback end up there. He seems to have a good relationship with Cody, and he only seems to take bookings for big money. I could easily see them bringing him in and seeing if they can beat him up again.
I'd have agreed with you about AJ Styles until recently. I dunno, something in the zeitgeist has changed. Everything you've said about him is true. If he left now, Vince would probably never forgive him. But artists are artists sometimes, and he's 41 and thinking about retirement. If the Khans can come up with a very real money offer, it's not like he needs to work for WWE.

Nakamura is a similar boat. They've looked after him and I bet he's got a close working relationship with Vince. That being said, if he decided he wanted to stay in the US but didn't like WWE travel or his output there, he might choose to go elsewhere for more freedom, a reduced schedule, better health benefits, etc. I do think both he and Styles will re-sign with WWE for at least another cycle, but it is within the realm of possibility that Nakamura looks at his new WWE offer for two years or whatever, and realizes that he is exhausted and bummed out only 20 months into his main roster tenure, so he wouldn't even be half-way.

Gallows & Anderson leaving when their contracts are up would not be shocking in the least. But they might just take WWE for more money to sit around grinning at botch videos.

Finn and AJ have worked together. It's hard to really read these guys because the landscape and how they plug in is completely different. Balor is not young. If the Khans offered him a good chunk of money for two years work, maybe he would not be opposed?

Ziggler's a guy that I think lots of people think about leaving, but I'm fairly certain he just signed a new WWE contract. Sami really sounds like he wants to leave, but I can't see them willingly releasing him at this point.

Ryan Reeves is probably someone they've considered using, but I wonder if he really fits the aesthetic and the style of the promotion.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote