View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 10:06 PM   #55
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Episodes 4 and 5(except for the torturous and never-ending sleep paralysis and spastic screaming fits) were good, much less annoying filler and the underlying character study held up well. This is a 7/10 show so far as perfectly highlighted by the one shit episode here and there. I expect episodes 7-10 to be excellent. Bad episodes are 2 and 3 so far but at least 3 wrung wildly between decent and crap.

The acting is all legit though. Only the little girl and the mortician woman stink up the place and the dialogue seems to take a fair whack of the blame there.

The dialogue is off kilter too, mercurial even. I love the good bits and have to skip through the bad. Any time wasted on stating the obvious or deliberating known facts seems contrived purely to pad time.

I'd have cut the time line shit and had a present day and past storyline running concurrently. Splitting the thing up is a stylistic choice that adds confusion where this story would never have had any in an honest presentation.

The psychological horror is done brilliantly, even the outright jump scares are solid. There was no reason to piss about with the time hopping.

Last edited by Seanny One Ball; 02-14-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote