View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 06:07 AM   #269
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
The whole Punk thing is weird. Punk himself has only teased it once.

That's it. Other than the recent news that he's doing a signing at Pro Wrestling Tees the day before, he's not dropped any hints nor really mentioned wrestling at all.

It would be disingenuous to say that the Bucks haven't teased the possibility of him showing up, though. They've teased it in interviews, on Twitter, and all sorts, for months. It's not as if they're using it as the biggest selling point for the show, but they've very purposefully made sure his name is in the conversation around this event.

If he doesn't show up, the reaction would be fascinating. I wonder how many people decided to go just on the very prospect of Punk showing up - but at the same time, can you really bitch about not getting something that was never announced?
I think that's probably intentional by Punk and maybe by Cody. If the show was not going to sell, then Punk probably wouldn't want to be associated with it, lest his name be associated with a bomb. But if it was successful, he doesn't need to feel a taint now. They can probably either announce something with him, or use him as a surprise on the show in order to make it feel "epic" and give people more than they bargained for. It would probably be smarter to simply have him in an angle and setting up something for a future show, but who knows what they do?

I'd love for Punk to be the color commentator for the event, but that would take some of the oomph away from him doing anything, maybe.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote