View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #819
RoXer
History's Greatest, Mr. E

RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Games I've Beaten in 2012:

Saints Row: The Third - 86
Ultimate MvC 3 - 80
Mortal Kombat - 85
From Dust - 75
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - 60
Skate 3 - 82
Back to the Future: The Game - 70
Gears of War 3 - 76
The Simpsons: The Arcade Game - 56
Mass Effect 3 - 86
Payday: The Heist - 70
MLB 12: The Show - 83
NBA 2K12 - 79
Deadly Premonition - Fuck You
Goldeneye: Reloaded - 9
Street Fighter X Tekken - 42

I feel Deadly Premonition doesn't deserve a rating. I don't think it's fair to compare it to other games of this generation. It's a polarizing game and I am one of those who didn't like it. I'm trying to remember if I enjoyed anything out of it but I can't say I did. The story maybe. It actually had some twists and turns that were unexpected yet were still within reason of the story. I called who the Raincoat Killer was pretty early but I think it was designed that way. I tried finishing a lot of this game in one weekend. I did not succeed. I think that's what limited my enjoyment was trying to rush through it. During the middle sections I just said fuck it and let the game do it's thing, not having any expectations on how long a certain episode may take. Once I stopped trying to "beat the clock" it became a bit more enjoyable but not much. Doing anything in that game dragged and took about 5 times longer than it should have.

But if I were to give Deadly Premonition a rating, it would be higher than Goldeneye: Reloaded. What a load of uninspired crap that was. The game was linear. Also, the "modernization" of the story wasn't necessary. The sound is bad. Just dogshit. The guns sound bad, there is no music that stands out (I think they did away with and Bond theme altogether), and Daniel Craig may have literally phoned it in. He may have Skyped his performance from his house without any direction given. Multiplayer was probably dumb, I dunno. I didn't really bother with it, just ran through a few maps on private mode. All of them bland. No "classic" maps to choose from. Fuck this.

I am not a fan of SFXT either. I may give it one more chance later down the road but I just can't get the hang of it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it just doesn't feel like I'm playing Street Fighter. If Capcom wants to branch out and attempt something different, that's fine. But if they wanted to include something "familiar" from both franchises, I think they missed on the Street Fighter side. I am having a hell of time both using and fighting against characters I've played with for years and if it's a technical issue like poor netcode or not recognizing input than that's even more reason for a low rating since the game isn't complete. Also, fuck the DLC/hacking situation.

I knew my luck of playing mostly great games would run out pretty soon.

Working on: Bastion, Magicka, Dungeon Defenders, Soul Calibur V, Dark Souls, Resident Evil 5, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy Collection HD, Metal Gear Solid Collection,
RoXer is offline   Reply With Quote