View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 07:06 PM   #1880
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
Comparing voting for Trump to a work is egregious. The people knew what they were doing.
Some did, absolutely. Some got worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Professional wrestling: the only profession in the world where everybody takes their job super seriously 100% of the time
Stop using exaggerated extremes. There’s a difference between working in HR and getting punched in the face. Jokes aside. Do you think people walk out into battlefields with their hands in their pockets? Being a coaster might mean getting by on your talent, like a Randy Orton or something (who still works incredibly hard to be an athlete at any sort of professional level). It doesn’t mean going into a fight defenseless, ignoring the fight or flight response and pretending to kick your opponent.

If he doesn’t want to be there, why is he there? Why does Tony Khan employ him? It makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
Dude we're talking about a sport where you get punched in the face, a guy with his hands in his pockets will die.
Seanny is right and I’m not even going to be snarky about it.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
I've already addressed that in my original post. It would be ridiculous if Orange Cassidy to attempt to win a fight by keeping his hands in his pockets and throwing soft slow motion kicks. But he's not expecting to win the fight. He's not trying to win. He does not care.

And his opponents react in kind. They don't sell his weak ass offense. If anything, a lot of them get flustered because they presumably spent time training for this fight only for this slacker to show up not even taking it seriously.

It's not "exposing the business" merely having a guy on the card who is completely phoning it in. People phone it in in every profession.
I cannot believe I am reading this, lol. Not caring if you win or lose is exposing the business. The way he “fights” exposes the business. It’s clearly fake. No one apathetically fights like that, lol. Imagine watching MMA and seeing a guy try that shit. Wtf have you been smoking, Vito?

What’s the point of any of this shit? What is the point of wrestling if the conflict doesn’t matter? And that’s not taking into account that it’d be executed badly if he were a masochist or nihilist or whatever, and had a death wish. This is just a question about the way you frame stories. What is the point of wrestling if not to win?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote