View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 06:18 AM   #976
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I honestly don't care for Marina or Jessamyn, for the record. I get that they suck, and Rousey is a *maybe*. But the rumor persists that the company wants it to happen, and you know how they like to keep trying to fit the apple into the triangle.

I didn't really see a problem with nWo Bayley. Lacey is still kinda awful, but got carried nicely. DB/Fiend surprised me, not so much because Daniel jobbed, but because Bray didn't. Refreshing not having him lose all the goddamn time.

Asuka/Lynch was great, and not just because I dig Becky and love me some Asuka. It was just a good ol' fashioned wrestling match. This was one where the ride was the fun, and the destination didn't matter. Liked the mist counter, though. On the subject of that, though, I selfishly wished she would be the one to re-introduce the progression in "danger" scale of mist colors to modern wrestling (green
Corbin and Reigns happened.

Men's rumble was nice, for the most part. I expected Lee or WALTER to show up to have a showdown with Brock. I didn't expect Drew. My only negative was that there were way, way too many "Let's draw attention to ourselves and form an alliance... SWERVE!" spots. It happens all the time, but here, it went way past the realm of self-parody. About the only one I liked was the teased betrayal of Orton on Edge, and when he got caught, he was just like "... hey, It's in my nature. Had to try."

Good job putting Drew over. My only fear is that WWE will squander this. Been burned too many times, even with them super selling his story about his release, rehire, and "finally getting his opportunity". Don't want Vince to just get bored with him and give up like as has been done with so many others.

On an unrelated note: why Edge and Sheamus? Not in a disparaging way, but the nature of their injury and why they had to step away... and now, those two and even Bryan being back on the active roster worries me. Next thing you know, WWE will announce they signed Shibata.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote