View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 10:24 PM   #992
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
While doing an appearance on Wednesday's Collider Live podcast to promote Girl On The Third Floor, CM Punk discussed his recent tryout with Fox for the WWE Backstage studio show.

He confirmed the tryout and that his agents reached out to him because of how much Fox is investing into WWE with SmackDown. He said Fox was interested in him and that he hasn't dealt with anyone from WWE during the process, nor has he heard anything from WWE after the tryout.

He said he loves Renee Young and that the role would be similar to what he does for CFFC MMA. He said he was clear that he didn't want to come in just to dump on the product but that if there's something that's bad, he would have to be honest about it.

Punk didn't say where the process is at or how the tryout went. He did reiterate that he's not interested in returning to the ring, but is in a position where he's open to anything other than wrestling because he's grown as a person and is a businessman.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Ix5njGkAE

Quote:
Triple H appeared on the Sports Illustrated Media Podcast and responded to a question about CM Punk trying out for WWE’s Backstage studio show on FS1: “Look, I’ve read about that as well. You know -- to be clear -- FOX is doing this show, and it’s their show, and it’s something they’re doing to talk about the WWE Universe and everything going on in it. They have a long list of people they’ve been interviewing and everything. But as far as for us, one of the things I think this company has shown over and over again, is never say never. If the opportunity is right for everybody and it’s right for our fans, then we are willing to put the past behind us and move forward. So -- you know -- I would say, never say never, but that’s also probably a long way from coming true. I don’t know. That’s also a little bit outside of my purview at the moment, but like I said, never say never.”
Quote:
The first episode of WWE’s The Bump premiered on the WWE Network and WWE’s Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter pages today. The talk show will air live at 10 a.m. Eastern time every Wednesday. Kayla Braxton, Matt Camp, Evan T. Mack, McKenzie Mitchell, Ryan Pappolla, and Dan Vollmayer are hosts for the show.
Quote:
Macaulay Culkin narrated a video about how The Rock got the word “smackdown” into the dictionary.
Link: https://youtu.be/FUVyDuSmUAQ

Quote:
Sports Illustrated reported that Chris Jericho vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi is scheduled for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14. Jericho’s contract with AEW allows him to have NJPW matches, and NJPW has already started building to him facing Tanahashi.
Quote:
MLW has officially unveiled the first member of its women's division.

It was announced today that Zeda Zhang has signed a "multi-year exclusive contract" with MLW. She previously appeared for MLW in 2018 after being released by WWE.

Zhang wrestled for NXT and took part in the inaugural Mae Young Classic while with WWE. She lost to Shayna Baszler in the first round of the tournament.

MLW noted that their women's division is scheduled to launch this year and that more details about the division and Zhang's first match will be revealed soon. The division is returning after MLW initially featured women's matches when it relaunched starting in 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Daniel Bryan participated in a Q&A for Nikki and Brie Bella’s podcast. The topic of retirement came up and Bryan said that his retirement from full-time in-ring competition is coming up sooner rather than later within the next few years:

“Well, and now, even still, as we look at my retirement from full-time wrestling which will be coming up sooner rather than later in the next couple of years, that probably won’t mean retirement for you [Brie Bella] for how busy you are. It will probably be me taking on more of the parental role, and so depending on jobs and that sort of thing, that’s been a nice switch in society that can happen.” Bryan said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
At Monday's NWA TV taping press conference, owner Billy Corgan said that the National Wrestling Alliance is open to doing business and having their champions appear for any number of promotions. However, IMPACT Wrestling isn't among those.

"We consider ourselves a free agent in the market. We're available to work with anyone from All Elite Wrestling to Championship Wrestling from Hollywood to Ring of Honor. The only prohibition is IMPACT. We won't do business with them. Of course, we'll do business with WWE. We feel like an early UFC or Bellator. We feel like we're in the market and can do whatever we want to do. We have the champions right here.Think back of when ECW guys would appear on Raw. I think people really want innovation in the space," said Corgan. "I think our relationships with Ring of Honor, which extend to New Japan -- we have a great relationship with AAA. I think we could work with anybody at any time."

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote