View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #4311
Xero
He's Here

Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iop View Post
I think manuals are an outdated concept. Its best to learn on the go and today games have the room to teach you things as you play through. No one wants to take out a manual and lookingt hings up to interrupt yo game, yo wanna PLAY!
This is a load of shit, especially for new games or games with different control schemes of which you've never handled. For example, in WWE 12 it explains the bare minimum control and that's it. It took a lot of trial and error and even having to go online to figure a few of the controls out. For example, I completely assumed they took out taking the turnbuckle pad off until I looked it up. Manuals need to be there at least to explain the fundamentals of the game because not everyone wants to sit there for an hour trying every possible control combination.

I also hate tutorial levels that force you to go through 100 different things that are obvious before hitting something you didn't know. Again, this is where manuals come in handy.

I have no problem with on-disk manuals, but espeically in this world of casual gamers meshing with hardcore gamers, it's not an "outdated" concept and is in fact more apt than ever.
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote