View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 03:51 AM   #23
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by Old Spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsphere View Post
Also totally realized I forgot to mention Mortal Kombat Annihilation. I hope you can forgive me for that. I try to forget it exists.
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Super Mario Bros., and Batman & Robin were the Unholy Trinity of Movies of my youth that showed me how much Hollywood hates me.

It was a good 10-11 years after I had last seen it when it was released before I watched it again with a friend who had never seen it before. He was the one to point out that they re-used footage of a guy falling into a flame pit that I hadn't noticed before. He was incredulous when I told him that but I countered with the fact that my brain was so fried by that point in the movie that it could've been 4 big breasted blondes riding a giant banana split float nude and I wouldn't have noticed.

And don't even get me started on the climax with Liu Kang and Shao Kahn turning into dragons. The feeling I had at that moment was repeated about 15 years later with the second Silent Hill movie when that film's final battle started. Before that moment, my brain is telling me, "OK, things have been shit so far but look at this way: it's almost over and it can't possibly get any worse!" But then it DOES GET WORSE and my brain didn't know how to cope with that so I'm just left sitting and staring blankly wondering what the fuck is taking the aliens so long to come and obliterate us.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote