View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 01:45 PM   #35
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by Powder

Mortal Kombat: Personal Thoughts and Review

OK, so I already spoke on how I came across the first game and thus my introduction to the whole series. The game itself doesn't really hold up after all these years, but at the time, it was life itself. Sadly, I was never really good at it, and it was years before I was able to finish the arcade ladder. To this day I have never fought Reptile. All of that never really mattered to me, though. I was just having the time of my life being engrossed in what the game was giving me. The characters seemed cool and the story, while fairly generic and obviously influenced by martial arts films of old, was enough of a hook.

Gameplay wise, pretty much everyone controls the same. It's just a question of their special moves. It doesn't work as well as Street Fighter 2 and a combo system is almost non-existent. The aesthetic, though, is top notch. The backgrounds look great and it's amplified with some appropriate music. Compared to what was to come, the first game kind of sits below the middle of the road. It's a time capsule, in a way; a curious conversation piece to show someone who's unaware of the beginnings.

My main character: The thing is none of the characters were really fleshed out at this point. If I had to take a stab at who I used the most, it'd probably be Scorpion, as a lot of his stuff was simple to pull off.

Best Fatality: Sub-Zero's Spine Rip, of course. I don't think anything else really compares in that game.

Worst Fatality: Liu Kang's Cartwheel Uppercut. I mean, I know the story behind it but it's still fucking lame.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote