View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 03:34 AM   #32
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
In a convention center, I don't think 10,000 is the goal though. Of course depending on the set and the actul size of the arena 10,000 might not even be possible. NJPW played it safe, this is kind of testing the market to see if them and ROH could do bigger arenas, which I believe is Cody's thinking.
I do think they're working. I don't like The Young Bucks and have soured on Cody recently, but I can at least admit they have worked out a thing where they can survive without the WWE, and they've sold that story to Meltzer and the marks, who legitimately think they are millionaires and the hottest property in all of wrestling (Dave cannot shut up about those Hot Topic shirts).

But occasionally people start believing the work -- especially when they are prone to being marks themselves, as a lot of people in the business seem to be for each other. I can totally see them actually thinking they can draw.

Here's what doesn't make sense to me as it pertains to this being a work (and I might be thinking too old-school with this): Floating the idea is going to make people want to see you try. If you know you can't do it, then why put that idea into people's heads so they can see you fail and measure, exactly, your worth to the head. Because they made it about that. Their caveat has been "they still need ROH's permission," so are they going to heel ROH and say that their bosses won't let them be stars? That sounds dumb.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote