View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 09:58 PM   #78
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
If we're talking isolated mic skills and you can't at least bring yourself to give The Miz the nod over him then I definitely think you've got a bias. I'm pretty sure 95% of the AJ Styles marks here wouldn't even go so far as to give him the nod on promo ability over The Miz. They're night and day.
The Miz can talk better than AJ Styles, but it doesn't mean anything because I'd prefer to watch AJ Styles perform over The Miz ten times out of ten. I'm not talking isolated mic skills -- I'm talking mic skills for a top guy. If The Miz cut a promo and then AJ said "Miz, I'm going to kick your Hollywood ass," Styles' lines would be more effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Being comfortable and convincing on the mic is the first thing you need. Wyatt's character has been butchered by creative. Styles' has at times, too. Most of the roster has. But even as a totally out there and unbelievable character, it's ridiculous how well Wyatt sells that character even when his booking does everything imaginable to rob his credibility. He's golden on the mic. He'd be a legend in another era.
Styles has been fucked around (didn't he lose to James Ellsworth like three weeks in a row?), but the reason he survives it is because of his charisma, lol. He's bulletproof, basically, because it shines through how good he is and people don't lose faith in him like they have the dudes you're accurately pointing out have been booked into oblivion.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote