View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 11:56 PM   #66
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Critique of this show like I did with the others:

Comparing this to AEW Dark is a tad unfair. I will say is that I actually rather like how the landscape is shaping up now. There is different product for different types of audiences instead of simply WWE and WWE Lite... and nobody has to hold out hope for WWE stepping up their game, because they clearly have no interest in doing so.

As for Power itself, I wasn't sure I would dig the set as much as I do. Those leaked photos made it look a lot worse than it actually came off in airing. It is just retro enough without coming off as "cheap". Speaking of cheap, I still can't get into Knockoff Miavia. Good for him and his career for getting involved with this, I guess, but eh. Everyone else is fine. Yes, even Tim Storm.

I just hope they don't go overboard with all the "we're men being men and fighting like men because that's what men do" rhetoric. I get it, but going too far with that makes it just as hokey as what you're trying to avoid being compared to, and it was dangerously close with just this first chunk of what's already in the can.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote