View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 07:30 PM   #1285
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets (Friday's News Edition):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Radio show host Peter Rosenberg is returning to WWE in a familiar role.

WWE issued a press release today announcing that Rosenberg will return as an analyst for their pay-per-view pre-shows starting with Elimination Chamber this Sunday. Rosenberg "will also serve as a special correspondent for various WWE Network shows and upcoming specials."
Guess WWE was interested in his money again since the rumor was the only reason he was on WWE pre-shows was because he kept paying to be on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship will officially be on the line at ROH Supercard of Honor XIV.

ROH confirmed this morning that Nick Aldis will defend his NWA title against PCO at Supercard of Honor. The match was set up at the end of ROH's Free Enterprise show last month.

PCO & Marty Scurll defeated Aldis & Rush in the main event of Free Enterprise. After dissension between Aldis and Rush, PCO pinned Aldis to get the win.

Scurll then cut a promo about his NWA title match against Aldis at the Crockett Cup on Sunday, April 19. Scurll said he would personally write Aldis a check for $500,000 if Aldis beats him. Scurll also said Aldis would face PCO at Supercard of Honor.

That would have set up a match between the ROH and NWA champions, but PCO lost the ROH World Championship to Rush last weekend. That was in a triple threat match that also included Mark Haskins. The finish involved Aldis Interfering and hitting PCO with the NWA title belt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former Impact Wrestling Knockouts Champion Su Yung's Impact Wrestling deal has expired and she is now officially a free agent, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Yung, 30, is at tonight's Impact TV taping, but she would be free to negotiate and sign elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former NWA and ECW World Champion Terry Funk sent word that that he will be cancelling his scheduled appearance and signing at tomorrow's Big Event in NYC.

Funk, 75 years old, continues to deal with a number of health issues and will not be able to make the travel from Amarillo, Texas to New York (multiple flights from point A to point B) in order to make the appearance. His forthcoming appearance in Philadelphia should be considered iffy at best as well.

Funk was very upset about not being able to make the trip, feeling he was letting fans down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
King County in Washington State issued the following announcement:

Stadium worker tests positive for COVID-19; Professional sporting events to continue in King County, with patrons urged to follow public health guidelines

March 5, 2020

A part-time employee at CenturyLink Field who worked at the Feb. 22 Seattle Dragons game has tested positive for COVID-19, though risk to fans who attended is low, according to county health officials.

As of now, Seattle’s professional sports organizations – Dragons, First & Goal/Seahawks, Mariners, and Sounders FC – will continue with scheduled events. The teams are in touch with local health officials and their respective leagues on a regular basis, as this public health issue continues to evolve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Regarding the makeup of the WWE creative staff, we were told by someone with knowledge of the situation that there are seven females on the staff. We were told there are four women on Raw and three on SmackDown, one of whom is a writer’s assistant but can pitch ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Tickets for AEW’s Double or Nothing pay-per-view at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in May are selling very well. A non-AEW affiliated account that monitors ticket sales is listing the May 23rd event at 9,241 tickets sold with a set-up for 11,083 seats. We spoke with an AEW official who told us that the figures were ‘in the right neighborhood’. (NOTE: We originally had listed the ticket sales for the May 27th episode of Dynamite at the MGM Grand but have corrected the item to reflect that the figures are for ‘Double or Nothing’).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Now six days into March of 2020, there is one major story looming over every top professional wrestling promotion currently active, where will Matt Hardy go next? ...

Speaking exclusively with Sports Illustrated, Matt expanded upon his thought process, revealing that he is in talks with all promotions including very recent conversations with Triple H about NXT.

“My goal is to legitimately surprise people and draw emotion from them. I always want to entertain the audience and keep them guessing. I’ll make a decision within the next 30 days, and it could be by next week. It all depends on how everything comes together,” Matt would say. “I am speaking with AEW, and I am very close with the Young Bucks. We’ve been great friends for a long time. They understand this business and know how to break the fourth wall and have fun with all of this. They really are special. I’ve also spoken with IMPACT and I spoke with the NWA. I had great conversations just this week with Triple H about NXT. I’m not sure where I’m going to go. From a character perspective, I want to go to an Arcadia. That’s where I can take the second coming of ‘Broken Matt’ and build upon it. I need a canvas where I can paint and collaborate.”
Quote:
WWE stock was at $42.70 when the stock market closed today.
Quote:
Changes have been made to the NXT UK announce team. The new team was revealed during Friday's NXT UK tapings in Coventry ...

The NXT UK announce team now consists of Andy Shepherd and Nigel McGuinness. Shepherd is a new addition to the crew after previously working on NXT UK Kickoff shows and doing ring announcing for NXT UK. McGuinness, who also works as an announcer on NXT, has been in-and-out of the role of NXT UK announcer since the brand started. The most recent NXT UK announce team consistent of Tom Phillips and Aiden English.

Taking Shepherd's role as the ring announcer is Francesca Brown. Brown has been featured in movies such as "Breathe" and "Hunter's Moon,"as well as TV series "Lookalikes" as she has a resemblance to Katy Perry.
Quote:
The New Day is launching a tournament to crown the greatest TV show of all time and the tournament will start on next week's episode of the "Feel The Power" podcast. You can check out the full tournament at this link.
Link: https://www.wwe.com/shows/the-new-da...ess-tv-bracket

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote