View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 07:33 PM   #1292
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The main event angle on last night's Impact included the announcement that Ken Shamrock is the newest member of the promotion's Hall of Fame.

It was hyped that last night's show would feature a "career announcement" from Shamrock. Josh Mathews revealed that Shamrock will join Impact Wrestling's Hall of Fame at Bound for Glory later this year.

A video package then played, with it including some footage from Shamrock's WWE career. It highlighted Shamrock being a former WWF Intercontinental Champion, Tag Team Champion, and submitting The Rock to win the 1998 King of the Ring. The footage said courtesy of WWE on it, and Impact also thanked WWE for it
Link: https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...03416505999360

Quote:
AEW has revealed this week's set of top-five roster rankings:
Men's division --

Champion: Jon Moxley (7-0 singles record in 2020, 12-2-1 overall record)

Chris Jericho (0-1 singles record in 2020, 11-3-1 overall record)
MJF (3-0 singles record in 2020, 8-1 overall record)
Kenny Omega (1-0 singles record in 2020, 17-6 overall record)
Cody (4-1 singles record in 2020, 11-4-1 overall record)
PAC (3-2 singles record in 2020, 9-6-1 overall record)

Women's division --

Champion: Nyla Rose (4-1 singles record in 2020, 9-4 overall record)

Hikaru Shida (4-1 singles record in 2020, 9-5 overall record)
Kris Statlander (2-2 singles record in 2020, 6-5 overall record)
Yuka Sakazaki (1-1 singles record in 2020, 1-4 overall record)
Britt Baker (2-2 singles record in 2020, 10-6 overall record)
Riho (3-2 singles record in 2020, 11-5 overall record)

Tag team division --

Champions: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (6-0 tag team record in 2020, 17-6 overall record for Omega, 13-8 overall record for Page)

The Dark Order (5-0 tag team record in 2020, 9-3 overall record for Evil Uno, 9-4 overall record for Stu Grayson)
The Young Bucks (2-2 tag team record in 2020, 12-9 overall record for Nick Jackson, 12-8 overall record for Matt Jackson)
SCU (2-3 tag team record in 2020, 16-7 overall record for Scorpio Sky, 15-6 overall record for Frankie Kazarian)
Best Friends (3-2 tag team record in 2020, 9-12 overall record for Trent Barreta, 8-10 overall record for Chuck Taylor)
Private Party (2-1 tag team record in 2020, 6-11 overall record for Marq Quen, 6-11 overall record for Isiah Kassidy)
Quote:
WWE has revealed the hosts for tonight's modified format edition of NXT.

Prior to tonight's NXT, WWE announced that the episode will be hosted by Triple H and Tom Phillips. WWE issued a statement yesterday noting that the show "will air as regularly scheduled in a modified format with elements ranging from in-depth character profiles and story breakdowns as well as never-before-seen interviews and content."

Triple H and Michael Cole did commentary for last Friday's SmackDown, while Phillips, Byron Saxton, and Jerry Lawler called Raw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It was announced that Brandi Rhodes will be ring announcing as Justin Roberts was unable to make tonight's Dynamite taping in Florida:

If I gotta do it, I’m gonna do it my way. This’ll be fun, watch. ???? #AEWDynamite #AEWonTNT pic.twitter.com/aVoUMEc5PS
— The Brandalorian (@TheBrandiRhodes) March 18, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Jim Ross noted on his social media that he's flown to Jacksonville, so that's where AEW will be broadcasting tonight. It will be from what has been termed a "closed set" so there will be no fans in attendance.

Before all the restrictions on public gatherings, there was a plan to charge $10 admission at Daily's Place and donate the entire live gate to charity.

As of yesterday, AEW was not planning to tape additional content beyond AEW Dynamite and AEW Dark as they want to continue to go live weekly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The WWE 3/22 date at Madison Square Garden is now officially listed as postponed. They have not announced a replacement date but as we noted, there was a scheduled 6/27 date planned before the past few weeks happened.

If you need an idea of how massive the shut downs in New York City will be, the Hilton Hotel that hosted the 2004 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony and the 2019 Wrestlecon is shutting down indefinetly as of 3/20, closing all 1,878 rooms. It is the biggest hotel in all of New York City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The New Japan Pro Wrestling website has an interview with Kota Ibushi. One of the topics bought up was the illness that forced him off New Japan's U.S. tour earlier this year. Some highlights:

What happened exactly - "I just felt absolutely terrible one day, and threw up two or three times. What can happen is that there’s this thin connective tissue between your stomach and your esophagus, and that can tear and get damaged. That’s Mallory-Weiss. (Syndrome)...Ibushi: Apparently a lot of college students get it. If they’re not used to alcohol and binge drink they throw up, and that sparks this issue. For me, it was probably the ‘flu that sparked the vomiting."

Having Two Illnesses at once: "Oh, it sucked. The flu alone sucked. I had this awful cough, and I felt a bunch of mucus in my throat. I thought I could clear it and couldn’t. Then I coughed really hard, about five or six times and all of a sudden there’s all this clotted blood on my hands....and I had a fever over 40 degrees at the time. I thought, ‘man, that’s it, I’m gonna die…' And my lower back was in so much pain. Enough where I was thinking ‘I don’t care if I die, as long as my back stops hurting’. Bear in mind, this was at 4AM on the day I was set to fly out to America."

Missing the tour: "Even if I’d dragged myself onto that plane, I’d be nothing but a hindrance to everybody. I wouldn’t be able to do anything, and if I felt terrible on the flight, I couldn’t just ask to be dropped off. It took two or three days for the fever to come down, but the symptoms stayed with me for a whole week. To be completely honest, I’m still a little sore in the stomach area, so I haven’t been drinking at all; I’m not a big drinker anyway."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The NWA also announced the following:

We also have opened up a special merchandise offer to help the roster and staff who have been affected by the COVID-19 suspension of events.

All profits from these five items will go directly to those staff and talents. NWA Logo Men’s Tank Top, NWA Powerrr Stack Men Tank Top, NWA Logo Women’s Tank Top, NWA Powerrr Stack Women’s Tank Top? and pre-orders of the new WE ARE NWA POWERRR T-Shirt
Link: https://www.nationalwrestlingalliance.com/shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
After receiving a cease and desist letter from WWE, Freelance Wrestling changed the name of their March 21st event from “In Your Warehouse” to “Warehourse Wars”.
Quote:
Speaking to Commercial Appeal following Monday Night RAW at the Performance Center, Jerry Lawler stated that he’s not against WWE inserting crowd noises into the WrestleMania 36 matches to make the empty arena bouts more entertaining for those watching from home.

“I’ve been to (football) training camps where the players go through their practice sessions with loud music or crowd noise piped in. I don’t think it would hurt anything at all if they piped in some crowd noise behind the matches, and even explain it to the fans. It’ll make the matches more entertaining and it’ll make it easier for the performers themselves.”
Quote:
Japan’s government officials are set to have a meeting about the Coronavirus and following that, STARDOM will have information on if fans will be able to attend their Cindarella tournament. The tournament is set for March 24th at Korakuen Hall.
Quote:
Former WCW and longtime WWE referee Charles Robinson appeared on the Prime Time with Sean Mooney podcast for a two-part interview. In part one, Robinson revealed how his “Little Naitch” nickname and his friendship with Ric Flair kick-started. After Robinson met Flair at a wrestling show, he decided to start up a fan club and went to Flair’s house where he first came into contact with a young Charlotte Flair.

“Well it started out just going to the matches. Finally, the first time I think I met Ric was probably in the late 70s at a ballpark in Rocky Mountain, North Carolina. He was having a match against Wahoo McDaniel, and during the intermission, I went down there just to say hi and he goes, ‘Kid, go buy me a Coke’. So he gave me a dollar bill, I went and got his Coke for 50 cents and went back down. That’s the first time I actually met him and got a photo and got the autograph which, unfortunately I don’t have anymore. You lose those things. But, then as time went on, I wanted to start up a Ric Flair fan club. So, I don’t recommend doing this but I found out where he lived and I went to his house, and I remember getting out of the car and Ashley [Charlotte Flair] was gosh, maybe five or six years old, and I come up and she goes, ‘I’m Ashley Fliehr. What are you doing here?’ That’s what I was basically,” Robinson agreed with Mooney jokingly calling him a stalker. “But I really wanted to start up a fan club. I thought it would be something great to do. I didn’t know about all the corporate things going on in WCW and such that you had to… you just can’t do that stuff. They own all the rights to that, but Ric was very, very nice. He did not have me arrested. He actually showed me the gym in his garage which was awesome, but for someone just to show up on your doorstep like that, hell, it was pretty amazing.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
LA Park has a brand new cooking show coming to MLW Fusion. Below is MLW's statement on LA Park:

If you follow LA Park on social media (which is mandatory), you may be familiar with his popular grilling videos.

Often cooking lakeside in Mexico, the legendary luchador is as mean in the ring as he is in the kitchen. That’s why MLW made the obvious move and offered the brawling luchador his own segment on MLW Fusion.

This weekend the chairman of MLW invites you to to join him on his new cooking segment on MLW Fusion tentatively called “¡LA Park en la cocina, pendejos!“

What will Park be cooking? No one dares to ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
WWE's stock finished at $33.94 per share when the stock market closed.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote