View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 07:39 PM   #1297
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
The main event(s) of WrestleMania were still in the air, or at least that's the impression that was given.

With WWE WrestleMania 36 heavily shifting, this left WWE in a position to pick not just one, but two main events. The show has been moved to two nights, giving the company the first time to advertise two show closers in history. Fightful sources stated that because of the fact that they have multiple options, it's actually created more of a dialogue as to what should close each night.

You can see our Fightful Select report below.

Quote:
There was plenty of back and forth over the past week over what would main event the two nights of WrestleMania. At one point, Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler was set to main event night one. However, there is word there was a push for Reigns and Goldberg to be in that spot. When Fightful reached out to a WWE source, they indicated that a lot of things are being tossed around because they can make about anything happen with the way they're filming it.
Realistically, WWE could even wait until they see how each match turned out before deciding on what would main event either night.

It should be noted that WrestleVotes tweeted that they'd heard Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns was set to close night one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Impact Wrestling has announced the lineup for their TNA special that will be airing on AXS TV next week.

The one-hour special is airing at 10 p.m. Eastern time next Tuesday (March 31), which is right after next week's regular Impact episode. The special was supposed to come in advance of TNA: There's No Place Like Home taking place in Tampa on Friday, April 3, but that show and all WrestleCon events have been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Rhino vs. Madman Fulton, Hernandez vs. Chase Stevens, and Kid Kash & Johnny Swinger vs. Suicide & Manik will air on next week's special. Scott Steiner will also appear "with a live microphone in hand, to offer his honest, unfiltered thoughts on the latest in-ring happenings, as the wrestling legend presents a special segment of Scott Steiner Uncensored."

These matches were filmed during Impact's television tapings in Atlanta earlier this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
AEW has revealed this week's set of top-five roster rankings:
Men's division --

Champion: Jon Moxley (7-0 singles record in 2020, 12-2-1 overall record)
  • Chris Jericho (0-1 singles record in 2020, 11-3-1 overall record)
  • MJF (3-0 singles record in 2020, 8-1 overall record)
  • Cody (4-1 singles record in 2020, 11-5-1 overall record)
  • Jake Hager (3-0 singles record in 2020, 4-0 overall record)
  • Kenny Omega (1-0 singles record in 2020, 17-6 overall record)

Women's division --

Champion: Nyla Rose (4-1 singles record in 2020, 9-4 overall record)
  • Hikaru Shida (5-1 singles record in 2020, 10-5 overall record)
  • Kris Statlander (2-3 singles record in 2020, 6-6 overall record)
  • Yuka Sakazaki (1-1 singles record in 2020, 1-4 overall record)
  • Britt Baker (2-2 singles record in 2020, 10-6 overall record)
  • Riho (3-3 singles record in 2020, 11-6 overall record)

Tag team division --

Champions: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (6-0 tag team record in 2020, 17-6 overall record for Omega, 13-9 overall record for Page)
  • The Dark Order (5-0 tag team record in 2020, 9-3 overall record for Evil Uno, 9-4 overall record for Stu Grayson)
  • The Young Bucks (2-2 tag team record in 2020, 12-9 overall record for Nick Jackson, 12-9 overall record for Matt Jackson)
  • SCU (2-3 tag team record in 2020, 16-7 overall record for Scorpio Sky, 16-6 overall record for Frankie Kazarian)
  • The Lucha Bros (1-2 tag team record in 2020, 10-9 overall record for Pentagon Jr., 11-9 overall record for Fenix)
  • Best Friends (3-3 tag team record in 2020, 9-13 overall record for Trent Barreta, 8-11 overall record for Chuck Taylor)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As of today, Samoa Joe's WWE Wellness Policy suspension has passed and he would once again be available for WWE once he is written back into company storylines.

While not likely, that means it's possible he could appear in some form at Wrestlemania 36 when it is taped this week and broadcast on 4/5 and 4/6.
Quote:
WWE is facing another class action lawsuit as the law firm Pomerantz LLP is investigating claims on behalf of WWE investors that WWE and certain officers or directors engaged in securities fraud or unlawful business practices, which led to the company’s drop in stock price and disappointing quarterly financial results ...

Paul Szaniawski and Robbins Geller Rudman filed a class action lawsuits against WWE that alleged that WWE made false and misleading claims when it came to its relationship with the Saudi government. WWE is also facing a lawsuit in regards to patent infringement over WWE Network technology.
Link: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/w...ness-practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Prior to part two of Chris Benoit’s Dark Side of the Ring episode airing on VICE, David Benoit joined Bully Ray and David LaGreca on Busted Open Radio. David Benoit stated that he did not want Matthew Randazzo in the documentary. Matthew is the man who wrote the book ‘Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit & The Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry’.

“They [ran] things by me but that’s one I didn’t expect… it bothered me a lot. I didn’t expect to see those pictures, I guess you could say, and what’s his name? He’s on the show. I didn’t want him on there but you know… I think his name is Matthew [Randazzo]. He wrote a book about my dad [Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit & The Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry].”

David spoke about how he felt after the documentary wrapped up. He said he let 13 years of feelings out during that documentary and felt like a new person after he let everything out.

“I let 13 years of pain go away when I sat there in front of that camera. I let it all out and I felt like a new man. I got to select everyone I wanted so, Dean, Chris [Jericho], Vickie. Those were the main people I picked so…”

During the chat, David opened up about returning to WWE for the first time since the loss of his family. He said he got back into wrestling to support Natalya and Chris Jericho and the likes of Kalisto and Sasha Banks caught his eyes while he was getting back into the sport.

“Yeah, I fell out of wrestling for a couple of years. I went back in 2011, to WWE for the first time and I saw Vince for the first time too, and then I fell — I didn’t really watch it. I watched it for Natalya and Chris [Jericho] and some of the other guys like Kalisto, Sasha Banks, and then I fell in love with AEW when I first went to their show Double Or Nothing in Vegas. I got lost in the moment with all the storytelling and everything was just good. It reminded me of the old days.”
Quote:
Joel Redman, Lucas Steele and Davey Boy Smith Jr. will not be competing in this year’s All Japan Pro Wrestling ‘Champion Carnival’ tournament due to travel issues relating to Coronavirus.
Quote:
Per the Fightful Wrestling Weekly, the IMPACT Wrestling roster has not been informed about the rescheduling of their throwback show that was set for WrestleMania weekend. Many within the company are optimistic that it could happen considering the buzz it got. Also, with the cancellation of their Rebellion pay-per-view, a source told the site that they are unsure of the direction the company will be heading in with so much of the remaining episodes of IMPACT TV being focused around the Rebellion pay-per-view.
Quote:
Although Brie Bella is at home with her daughter, her husband Daniel Bryan is currently wrestling for WWE in Orlando, Florida and she is worried.

On a recent episode of “The Bellas Podcast,” Brie would go on to reveal that Bryan actually has an autoimmune disease and given the coronavirus outbreak that has affected many countries around the world, including the United States, Brie is understandably concerned. WWE has temporarily moved Raw and SmackDown to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.

“I have to say, my husband is still working and he’s in Orlando right now and granted, he’s working and he has a job, but it makes me really nervous. My husband has an autoimmune disease. He also fought asthma really bad when he was young. He was always sick when he was a kid. I admit. I lost sleep last night. I’m grateful my husband is still employed but at the same time, I’m really scared that he’s just there all the time. I’m just praying so much that he’s staying healthy and all that. It’s like this weird tug of war right now,” Brie said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The video above features rare footage from the second Earl Caddock-Joe Stecher match for the professional wrestling world title, held on January, 30th,1920 at the second Madison Square Garden in New York City. Stecher pinned Caddock in 2:05:00 (again, NOT a typo) using a wristlock and his finishing hold, the body scissors, so this is not the complete bout. It is, however, some the oldest professional wrestling match footage that was filmed and still exists today.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote