View Single Post
Old 04-15-2023, 05:56 AM   #1474
El Vaquero de Infierno
Sisukas Mies

El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Car Bomb - Meta 8/10
I bought their most recent album, Mordial, a few years ago and I was yearning for something a bit 'mathy,' so I decided to get another record from this band. It is Calculating Infinity-era DEP mixed with Meshuggah. Good stuff.

Ensemble Gamut! - RE 7/10
Early music mixed with a bit of experimentalism. I preferred their first record, UT, more.

Bjork - Utopia 7/10
A strong album, but it does not have the emotional weight of Vulnicura, which was a late career high for the artist. I still need to buy her new record, Fossora, which I will get to at some point.

Team Sleep - Team Sleep 7/10
I don't know why I didn't buy this album back on its release in 2005, when I was at the peak of my interest when it came to Deftones. A solid album that mixes rock and electronica.

Yo-Yo Ma - Bach: Cello Suits Nos. 1-6 8/10
I've never been fussed about Yo-Yo Ma; I've also been more of Jacqueline Du Pre fan when it comes to all things cello. However, I enjoyed his rendition of these works.

Nickel Creek - Celebrants 8/10
A fine record. An improvement on their previous album from 9 years ago, A Dotted Line. My only gripe is that it could have done with a bit of editing; there was no need for it to be nearly an hour long with 18 tracks.

Floating Sofa Quartet - Sofa Songs 8.5/10
Nordic folk quartet collaborating with various other Nordic singers and musicians. Great stuff.

Motley Crue - Shout the Devil 8.5/10
Everyone needs a bit of Crue in their life.
El Vaquero de Infierno is offline   Reply With Quote