View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 11:16 PM   #23
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
At least they’re staying out of prime time this time. One of the biggest mistakes they made the first time was going too big too soon. The only way this succeeds is if Vince can put his ego in check and understand he’s basically gonna be the TNA of professional football and the world isn’t gonna tune in in droves from the get-go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
The fact that they are not primetime games takes a lot of the pressure off.
One small plus of the primetime was Jim Ross's legendary call of the one triple overtime game that pre-empted SNL: "I think I just heard Lorne Michaels FAINT!"

... but yeah, nice to fill in some of that lull weekend infomercial time with something other than bullriding or following some scrub boxers I never heard of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad View Post
I hope XFL doesn't become like WWE where two games a weekend will turn into 17 games a week, plus reality shows, ridealongs etc.
Hopefully, at the very least, they learned their lesson from last time with trying to manufacture drama and storylines. I left out the camera thing, because although everyone snarked about them going over the top with camera angles, now both the NFL and NCAA have adopted pretty much everything XFL did in that aspect except putting a live mic on the popcorn vendor.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote