View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 09:42 PM   #19
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I am not a football person but I gathered from people who watched the XFL they enjoyed it this time around.
Yes, it was pretty good, and didn't lean into all the goofy shit the first iteration did trying to make it "WWF, but with football though". It was awesome how St. Louis was getting behind the Battlehawks and how the team my brother and I dubbed the "Not Oilers" seemed pretty legit.

The saddest part will be the detractors talking about how there's no room for spring football and LOL it failed again and allusions to AAF, but this actually was done in by factors that are well and truly out of anyone's hands. Even moreso that it was launching a year AFTER the AAF to make sure all the operations shit was going to be correct. Kinda wish it was planned for NEXT year because of this, even though, again, nobody saw this coming and with this worldwide reaction.

Kind of a sign that you can actually do everything right, and still have something fall apart. Makes me personally think of "Wild West World" - a would-be amusement/theme park in Kansas that fell apart because of the sheer number of record rainfall days that entire summer. I think it was somehing along the lines of 3/4ths of the season, and a lot of it was frontloaded, so they had no chance to recoup their losses or keep promises to pay people with zero income.

In this case, Vince did everything right, and still took it in the ass major.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote