View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #24806
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think a brand split with the champions all being cross-branded could work just fine in theory but I doubt WWE would execute it properly. I'm imagining Reigns mostly working on Raw, feuding with say Chris Jericho. Then that feud ends and he happens to start something on SmackDown and then starts showing up there more frequently. And when Reigns isn't on Raw, they make the IC Title feud going on a focal part of that show along with focusing on non-belt related feuds.

That's actually how they ran it during the early days of the brand extension, in fact they outright said back then that Raw and SmackDown would alternate #1 contenders so it made sense that the floating champion didn't always have to be on both shows even though he technically could.

But again I have my doubts that WWE would do that. Raw would need a larger roster with the extra hour to fill and I'd bet Vince is just of the mindset that the World champion always needs to be on Raw. So that would mean re-splitting the belts which is an idea I just can't support now.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote