View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 10:28 PM   #261
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty
 
Emperor Smeat's Avatar
 
Posts: 48,415
Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Evil Emma:


Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With the Daniel Bryan-Miz confrontation pretty much blown off on this past Tuesday's Smackdown, we've been asked why did it even happen and why was the situation dropped as quickly as it began. Well, while the scene was scripted by WWE for the 8/23 episode of "Talking Smack" in that Miz and Bryan were scheduled to banter on the show, it went in a direction that the company didn't expect thanks to improvisation on the part of Miz.

During an appearance on ESPN Sportscenter last night with Jonathan Coachman, Bryan explained that while the banter between the two was planned, where it went was not something Bryan knew about in advance. He noted that Miz knows how to push his buttons and was well aware of the feelings Bryan has had towards his February 2016 WWE-imposed retirement Bryan admitted that the nerves Miz hit were very real and played off of Bryan's own conflicts about whether he should remain with WWE (and stay retired) or take his chances elsewhere, risking his potential future health. Bryan also stated that he thought of legitimately throwing a punch to Miz to close the segment but given they were on live TV, felt it wasn't the smartest move. Instead, Bryan walked off to close the segment.

Bryan noted on the 8/30 episode of "Talking Smack" and again last night on Sportscenter that WWE intended to keep he and Miz far apart while on screen going further. Bryan praised Miz's promo that was cut after Bryan walked off the set and put over Miz's passion for pro wrestling. The unspoken implication was the interaction wasn't in WWE's plans and will likely be ignored going forward.

During the ESPN Sportscenter appearance, Bryan said that he has often talked off quitting WWE after seeing the reactions of the live crowds but his wife Brie will talk him out of it. Bryan also admitted that the brain testing that he underwent in New York, which led to he retirement earlier this year, after doing additional research, should not have been the determining factor in whether he retired. Bryan said that he feels 100% and that on nine out of ten days, he says to himself he's going to wrestle again but needs to convince others (and even himself on the tenth day) that it is safe for him to do so. While he enjoys being around the wrestlers and the action, it is hard to feel the energy of the audience and then just sit at ringside. He referred to the concussion issue as "subjective."
Some more details regarding the Bryan-Miz Talking Smack segment from last week and why WWE quickly pulled the plug on the potential storyline/feud.

Quote:
On this week’s episode of MSL & Sullivan, available on MLWradio.com, former ROH & EVOLVE commentator Mister Saint Laurent and former WCW matchmaker Kevin Sullivan discussed the romantic relationship between Alberto Del Rio and Paige. WWE has gone to great lengths to split up the couple and MSL revealed some of the previously undisclosed details.

“Mark Carano, who fans might know from Total Divas, kind of like the office liaison guy, approached Del Rio and Paige individually and harassed each of them about their relationship. It was indicated that the office wanted them to sever their romantic relationship.”

“A lot of people speculated if this was the reason [WWE] split them up in the draft and that’s definitely what happened. The company did not want them together. They split them up in the draft by design and they threatened to fire Paige if she didn’t break up with Del Rio.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
NXT TakeOver is headed to Canada.

WWE announced on Friday morning that NXT will present one of its regular TakeOver specials on Saturday, November 19th from the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. The show will take place the night before WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view in the same building.
Did come at a pretty big cost in terms of other NXT shows for Canada as revealed in the next story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As reported earlier today, NXT will be doing a Takeover special on 11/19 in Toronto, the day before The Survivor Series event.

Because of that, the Meridian Centre in Niagara Falls (on the Canadian side), announced today that the 9/23 NXT event in their building has been canceled by WWE due to the announcement of the Takeover show. Niagara Falls is about 90 minutes from Toronto, so the company obviously doesn't want to do two shows that close together in such a short period of time.

Refunds will begin to be processed next week.

Also, the 9/22 show in Toronto and the 9/24 show in Kitchener have been canceled as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
After creating controversy on Twitter earlier this week, ESPN’s Amin Elhassan issued an apology to Kevin Owens and his family. Elhassan had originally tweeted “Until someone told him it was scripted,” in response to a video of Owens’ son reaction to his father’s Universal title win. Elhassan went on to engage with wrestling fans on Twitter after making the comments.
Link to the apology: https://twitter.com/AminESPN/status/771803980460462080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
TNA released a trailer for “Delete or Decay,” a Final Deletion-esque battle between The Hardy Boys and The Decay at the Hardy compound that will air on next week’s Impact.
Link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCV-s2FVj8E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
As was noted in today's WWN Alerts, Ricochet has agreed to “several more EVOLVE bookings” after his match against Zack Sabre Jr. at EVOLVE 69 in Queens, NY on September 11th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 9/1 edition of Impact Wrestling did 351,000 viewers, down from last week's 373,000 viewers.
Quote:
When asked if Punk has received any words of encouragement from Vince McMahon, he said:

"Do me and Vince text? No, he's currently bankrolling a lawsuit against me, so I don't think he's going to be reaching out. 'Hey pal, how ya doing? I'm suing you, LOL!'"
Part of a recent UFC press conference CM Punk had for the lead up to UFC 203.

Quote:
During an appearance on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson talked about how Vince McMahon wasn't aware that Gallows was previously the Festus character in WWE back in 2007-2008. Here is what Anderson said:

"The best part of the Festus character is that we heard from Talent Relations, or the Head of Talent Relations is that Vince doesn’t even remember that he was Festus."

Anderson also said this to Gallows about what Mark Carano told Gallows:

"We go up to the Gorilla Position, and Mark Carano would say, I’m going to go tell Vince and remind him that you were Festus. I would say, don’t tell Vince, I need this run right now."

Gallows added the following:

"I don’t know if we’re even allowed to say the word, but my wife didn’t even know that I was Festus when I married her, which is real."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingSheet
Ex-WWE Superstar Mike Knox has NOT been contacted by the company in regards to a return … and the Facebook page claiming otherwise is a fake.

A person claiming to be Knox on social media posted a false update this week saying he turned down a WWE return and earlier today the story began to gain steam on news sites.

According to multiple sources though, the page doesn’t belong to Knox. We’re told he’s currently in Japan and will be doing what he can to have the imposter removed from Twitter once he returns home.

In the meantime, help him out by reporting the fake account. (@Mike_Hettinga)




Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is online now   Reply With Quote