View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 09:50 AM   #320
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I think it's really sweet what Corgan is trying to do with the NWA Title. A guy that means something can make the belt mean something. There are plenty of examples where belts have mattered more or less because you care or you don't. I think he's fighting an uphill battle in the sense that it's so dependent on nostalgia instead of modern relevancy, and it comes attached with all these memories of TNA, being thrown on the ground, being put onto guys that don't exactly have big stateside profiles, etc.

I want to get behind it, and I want it to work, and it's really quirky that Cody is going to make it the biggest part of this show, but it's also the NWA Title being defended in a match between Cody Rhodes and Brutus Magnus. But I guess you've got to try.

I can see the match being quite underwhelming. I hope Austin Idol turns on Magnus and aligns himself with Cody. Idol and Cody together could be entertaining.
I like most old school fans have a fondness for the 10lbs of Gold. Just seeing that segment in England between Cody and Aldis was hype enough for me. If Cody takes that title he could truly make an NWA promotion a viable option on the indy scene. NWA could work with any promotion which is really cool. I wonder if the plan for All In going forward involves Bill Corgan and Condrad as financiers.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote