View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #95
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savio View Post
I agree with everything said above, but that is stuff that goes on outside of the ring.

I feel like EliteXC and Bellator has not always shown respect to the sport inside of the ring (more so EliteXC).

You're obviously talking about Elite XC's supposed history of incentivising performance bonuses regarding Kimbo's opponents but the UFC likely has had more dodgy matches in a year than EliteXC did in their entire run.

Macias/Taktarov is a favourite of mine. Jim Brown stops just short of outright calling it a fix in the commentary.
Mark Hall actually threw fights. UFC was born as a completely set-up tournament where each fighter was hand picked to lose to Royce Gracie. UFC has never grown in that regard. Most champions are given the Rocky 3 treatment until they get Clubbered.
It wasn't just Pride and Elite XC doing it. UFC definitely holds fighters back and interferes in their rankings to avoid certain match ups. Conor McGregor should have fought a decent BJJ guy earlier but they saved it and he lost badly to the perennially awesome Nate Diaz. Nate Diaz is about as marketable as candles on the sun so they made them fight again until Diaz lost.
Now Conor's a multi millionaire getting chances to earn even more just by being a penis outside of the ring.

I was a huge fan for years but I stopped entirely about six years ago. The whole thing is too corrupted by Dana White's interference.